My total right hip replacement and my leg lengthening (they made my right leg longer so I was more even) was 4 years ago-well 4 years ago tomorrow to be exact. And my life has forever changed-for the better- because of it.
My right (metal) hip looks great-with no wearing yet and my left (real) hip looks about the same as it did last year. Which means I still have to wait longer to get a new left hip.
And every year as usual, I ask the same question: "Can I run?" And every year I get the same answer: "NO." Why do I keep asking? I don't know, but it can't hurt, right?
Sometimes it makes me so sad that I can't, that I'm not allowed, to run. I am still contemplating trying to run when I have 2 metal hips, but they tell me they wear out faster and that I will hurt. I'll decide when I get to that point:)
Although my body has gone through a lot physically (11 hip surgeries), it could be so much worse. I am thankful for all the things I am able to do now, like wash the dishes without taking sitting breaks in between because my hips ached so bad, not waking up every night in pain anymore, being able to hike and move without constant pain, being able to ride a 4-wheeler or a horse with out my legs on 1 side, to not walk around like I was whacked in the hip with a baseball bat-haha, no, seriously though. I am blessed.
I am most thankful that I can be a better wife and mother and enjoy my family. I am thankful to Dr. Maltry and his staff who made this all possible. It was 4 years ago and I am still going strong.
After a hip replacement you get to wear lovely white tights-to keep from clotting. I can't decide what looks better, the walker or the leggings?
5 weeks after the surgery we had a Turley Family Reunion in CA. If you look closely you can see my sweet wooden cane that Laun made me.
Temple trip with cane in hand:
John (my bro-in-law) convinced me to use one of the little scooters they have at the grocery store:
3 comments:
I am so glad that it all went well and that you can walk so well. You have such a great optimism about your trials, it is an inspiration to me.
I am so glad that all has gone well with your hip. Love the cane! What a talented hubby you have, even though we already knew that.
i love you lady!
Post a Comment