Saturday, May 28, 2011

A visit to Pima

We went for a quick overnight trip to visit my brother Andy's family. Marlee was very excited to see Josiah-she says his name a lot. We got there late last night and all the kids were full of energy. There is just something so special about cousins.

This morning we checked out the owls living in a huge shed next to their home. The owls were so cool and creepy too. They seem to stare right through you-it gives me the jeebies.




Then the boys looked for bats (none found) in whatever this thing is called:

Josiah, Laun & Marlee

Marlee was happy to find a baby stroller to push around while the boys rode bikes.


Then Andy & Elizabeth treated us to "flips" at the local ice cream shop. A flip is vanilla ice cream in your choice of slushy flavor- they're good.


Marlee's blue raspberry dipped cone matched her painted finger nails perfectly.


So flippin' good-


Messy little girl.


We took the kids to the Gila Valley Temple. Laun and I have been there before, but this was our kids first time.



I loved these trees with their big white blossoms-Laun said they are huge in Florida.


cousins


Then we went to Mount Graham and ate lunch.

I'm so blessed to have such a great sister-in-law. Elizabeth is perfect for Andy and they have such adorable little toe heads. I especially love Monson's chunky thighs.

Marlee & Avery with their walking sticks.

Andy carrying Avery & Josiah up the mountain.

The boys held on to this long hose to help them down the mountain.


The guys & kids went down the mountain & climbed through this tunnel:


On our way out we stopped to play in the water.


Andy & Monson

Marlee loved the water.




Laun cooled our drinks for the way home.


Big shocker-Porter caught a lizard. I think he catches a lizard everywhere we go.


I love my man.


We had a great little get away and are so glad that the Turley's no longer live so far away.

1 comment:

Krause Crew said...

Looks like a fun time by all!