My dad is the secretary for Elder Pickerd, who is in the 6th quorum of the Seventy for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They were in different parts of Arizona today and Tucson happen to be one of their stops. So we dropped by our Stake Center to go see grandpa and Elder Pickerd before they headed home.
In the background is our Stake Center, but it is also where my dad was baptized.
Can you guess who I look like? I'll give you a hint...my dad.

My kids were excited to see their grandpa, but they were even more excited to see Elder Pickerd. When we got into the car to go home, Clayton said, " I have never met anyone that high up in the church before, can I get a picture with him?" We hurried out so the boys could get their picture with him. It was so cute how awe struck they were. Elder Pickerd's hair is blowing in the wind here:

On the way home we had lots of great discussions, like how do I know the church is true, could Elder Pickerd be President of the church someday, who is the Seventy, the Twelve, and so forth. I got to bare my testimony to my children and share why I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true. I love moments like this where I have great conversations with my kiddos.
On a side note-Elder Pickerd was very tall, 6'4 to be exact.
1 comment:
this is so cute - love those boys.
Post a Comment