Thursday, May 26, 2011

Reid park zoo

I love the Reid Park Zoo, it is small enough that you can see everything in one visit and you are so close to the animals. My kids all love animals and now that they have a little splash area, we might be able to actually go in the summertime.


Marlee is in the jogging stroller I got for Mother's Day...I love it. It's funny when you are a mom what type of gifts you get excited about.


Taking a peek at the animals

You'll never guess...Porter caught a lizard at the zoo.


Three's a crowd









The highlight of the day probably had to be the baby armadillo-so cute. Here all the kids are trying to reach it:

Clayton petting it

Marlee kept on saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh"- repeat 30 times. She loved that baby armadillo.

Porter petting a desert monitor.


The boys petting a rat snake (by the way, when I don't know the name of the reptile in the picture, I just ask Clayton. That kid is like a walking dictionary).


Marlee coloring some activity sheet-she was pretty intense.


A mama duck with her ducklings-she had a lot of little ones.

I think Marlee liked the flamingos just because they are pink.


Checking out the monkeys



I loved these yellow flowers

The kids had fun getting wet in the splash area-next time I should probably bring their swimming suits because they got drenched.
I love days like this-spending lots of time with my kiddos.

1 comment:

Manders said...

Looks like a lot of fun! GREAT pictures of the animals!