Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our baby is 2

I can hardly believe that Marlee, my baby, is two today! Where has the time gone! The picture of her in the yellow sweater was taken on her first birthday. She is no longer a baby, but a little girl, although she is still sucking her thumb:)


Laun took her out to Wendy's for her birthday lunch. She ate chicken nuggets and french fries with sauce (anything like dips, ketchup, or dressings, she calls sauce). She also enjoyed her frosty, which she calls ice-mmmmm.


I did a little photo shoot of our big 2 year old girl:





She loves to say "peace out", instead of goodbye, when someone is leaving. So I had her flash the peace out sign, since she is two today.




I was planning on having her open her presents after dinner, but she had different plans. I guess she was too excited to wait till later.
She loved this doll from Grandma Turley and didn't want to put it down.

I loved how excited she was this year to open presents. This is such a fun age!

Grandma Frost sent her a box of goodies: treats, a bear, and some cute shirts and cardigans.

We got her the little people happy sounds home (I wish our home was always full of happy sounds). Here she is putting the baby on the potty- it even makes a flushing noise.

We had Tuscany potato soup (may not look appetizing, but it sure tastes good) and braided bread for dinner. Plus we got to use my new dishes that Laun got for me.


I was lazy this year, and instead of making Marlee a cake, I bought one from Costco. It had delicious layers of chocolate cake, chocolate chip cheesecake, and chocolate mousse. The girl likes her chocolate, so it was a winning combo. We had the Allen family and of course Jonathan and Darleen over too.

I usually put her food directly on the tray, rather then on a plate. This way she has less things to throw of course.
We love this girl! She was blessed to come into a family who was so excited to have her and loves her every second. After losing Cooper, we truly realized what a miracle and blessing all of our children are. Marlee we love you and are so grateful that you are part of our eternal family!

2 comments:

wittygal said...

What a cute two year old. I found great joy in knowing that my kids aren't the only ones that do the "Peace Out" thing. They pick up the craziest things and I don't truly appreciate them until my little one does it.

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday, Marlee! I can't believe it, the first time I met her, she was SIX WEEKS OLD. Now, she's a little girl -- a super adorable little girl! Your family is so blessed :)