Friday, January 14, 2011

spelling bee- round two

All the kids who made it into round two of the spelling bee^


I think Porter was happy to be there:)


Porter made it with only 9 kids left, but then 3 of them got eliminated that round. I was so proud of him for making it that far, especially since he was competing against grades 1-8!


Clayton made it through all the rounds, and placed 2nd overall! Now he is the alternate for the district spelling bee. This boy is such a terrific speller. Way to go Clayton!


I was one proud momma of my boys doing so well. This was a great experience for them to be able to get up in front of a crowd and compete with other students. It also taught them that hard work pays off.


The 1st place winner was from Clayton's class. Mrs. Cohn was so happy that the two top winners were from her class. I am so impressed that these third graders beat out even the eighth graders. After school we took our boys out to celebrate. They got to pick out a treat at the 17th street market. Clayton got a huge, white chocolate candy bar and Porter got guava wafers (didn't even know that flavor existed. Great job Clayton and Porter!!!