Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringing in the New Year


We went to the Smarts home for the New Year- we had a big fire, played games, & of course stayed up to welcome the year 2010.
Here is Porter warming himself by the fire.



The next day Laun let Marlee sit on a horse- you would have thought she died & went to heaven. This girl loves animals & makes all these funny & excited noises whenever she sees one in sight.

That is sheer joy right there


When I went to check on her during her nap, I found that she had fallen asleep sitting up.



Here is Clayton looking as handsome as ever:


Here is Porter thinking that he is pretty much the coolest kid ever:








I went on my 1st cattle drive ever & it was freaking awesome. Although I didn't feel fully legit because I didn't even have chaps on. This is the longest I have ridden a horse since my hip replacement & everything went great.



Laun & his brother Ryan:



There was some pretty views- the mountains, my husband:)



Later that day we hiked up to a man made cave/mine

It was a pretty good little hike- I was impressed that the kids made it up


Us girls:

Marlee w/ her Daddy:


The kids had fun riding in the back of the truck on the way to the mine & back:

2 comments:

Alli said...

That looks like so much fun! You Halls are pretty cool :)

Cherise said...

looks so fun! I bet you had a blast. -and came home wth dirt to prove it!