We went to this mexican restaraunt-Guadalajara for dinner to celebrate Marlees b-day. She hardly ate a thing (which is rare for her), thankfully Laun brought her a sucker & that entertained her for awhile.

The food was good & they have salsa side-table, where a lady goes around to each table & makes salsa for you however you like. The salsa & fresh tortillas were awesome.
Then we went home for cake & icecream. First b-days are always the funnest because kids don't use utensils yet & I always love to see how they react.
Here is how the cake looked before:

The boys were a little disappointed that I made the cake, they really thought I should have bought her a princess cake.
Here is what the cake looked like afterwards:

It was so fun watching Marlee pick off the m&m's one by one & eat them or just swallow them whole. Then she grabbed off chunks of cake & would eat it & then tried waving the frosting off her hands. She even shared some with her Daddy.

Then she got her presents:

The boys liked helping her unwrap them:
I was suprised at how much she liked her toys.
The best part was that I got all her gifts at thrift stores for dirt cheap.
6 comments:
sounds like a yummy restaraunt! Where is it? Looks like she had a great day! I love that the boys want pricess things for their little princess. How cute is that?
The restaraunt is on Prince & Mountain.
She is so cute. It almost makes we want one... ALMOST!
Happy birthday, Marlee!!! What a beautiful little blessing she is to your family!
By the way, Guadalajara is our FAVORITE restaurant IN THE WORLD!!! We miss it so much! YUM!!
She is darling! In one of the pictures she looked like Colin Turley to me, that little smile and those eyes. Cute little kids!!
She is just too cute, and despite the boys opinion I love your homemade cake, they may not be as commerically fancy but they are better.
Post a Comment