Wednesday, October 12, 2016

tubes tied

Today I got my tubes tied. It’s like an ending of an era. It is kind of emotional for me, happy and sad all wrapped in one. I love my 6 kiddos and it’s good to know I’m done, but it’s hard, too, because they are all so dang wonderful and we couldn’t imagine our lives without them. My body has been through a lot physically and I don’t think it can make it through another pregnancy. My back was so awful with my last 2 pregnancies, that I had a hard time walking. I don’t want my back to get even worse (I already have arthritis in my lower back), especially now that I have 2 great metal hips. So it’s just time and I can’t take birth control pills because I’m an emotional wreck and any other methods haven’t worked for me. While I am overjoyed at never having to be pregnant again, it is still a little bittersweet, but I know it’s the right choice for me.

20161012_10083020161012_102334

I felt pretty sick when I woke up, but should feel as good as new in 2 weeks. I have 3 tiny incisions and that's it!

No comments: