Tuesday, April 5, 2016

mini vacation

Laun had a work conference yesterday and today, so we all tagged along since it’s the kids spring break.
Last night we stopped in some small town café for dinner. My pancakes were awesome.
IMG_1052 (1)
This morning we ate breakfast near the hotel and then the kids and I headed to Zion National Park, while Laun worked.
Porter caught a lizard and was showing it to Carter.
IMG_1056
We took the shuttle to the drop off for the Emerald Pools hike. Since I’m pregnant and Clayton was awesome enough to pack Carter around, I wanted to go on a short hike and see some water. I think the hike we chose was only around a mile. That’s the nice thing about Zion, there’s a variety of hikes.
Carter fell asleep while on the shuttle, which is great since it’s his nap time.
IMG_1057 (1)IMG_1060
I love when these 2 get along.
IMG_1059
On our way to the falls, I love how Carter is out cold.
IMG_1061IMG_1063 (1)
IMG_1064 (1)IMG_1068 (1)IMG_1070 (1)
I was happy that Carter woke up to the falling water, I wanted him to see it.
IMG_1072 (1)IMG_1074
IMG_1075 (1)IMG_1078 (1)
Porter wasn’t overly impressed because on this particular hike you can’t play in the pools of water or catch the wildlife.
IMG_1098 (1)IMG_1083 (1)
Clayton is such a help. He carried Carter without a single complaint, it’s like having an extra adult around.
IMG_1085 (1)
The kids on the bridge.
IMG_1087
We had lunch under this great big tree and then caught the shuttle back to our parking spot.
IMG_1088 (1)IMG_1089 (1)
Carter got so excited when we went through the tunnels.
IMG_1093IMG_1096
We picked up Laun from his conference and then had a picnic dinner. We found some snow. Isn’t it time for the snow to be gone yet?! We had a great little get away and the weather was perfect.
IMG_1100 (1)IMG_1102 (1)
And you know what's crazy. This is the anniversary of Cooper's death 9 years ago and I forgot all about it until some people sent their love to me today. I was actually happy I forgot because it makes me feel like I'm healing. We always celebrate his birthday, but I'm glad I'm not always thinking of the sad days.

No comments: