Friday
We ended the kids Spring Break with a trip to Logan, Utah. We have lot of fond memories of that place. We’ve lived near Utah State 2 different times (once when Clayton and Porter were 1 and 3 years old and another time when Marlee was an infant, she was born in Logan) while Laun worked on his Bachelor’s degree.
We took the boat out to do some fishing.
I think Carter dropped that pole at least twice, which had to be retrieved.
Orange you glad?
beautiful view
Carter wanted to…
fish
be by dad
touch the water
wear sunglasses
take off his life jacket (sorry, no can do)
and look at photos on my phone.
He sure keeps me busy!
Clayton could fish all day, too bad we didn’t get a single catch.
Sometimes the kids drive the boat.
But the kids really love it when dad drives the boat super fast and makes waves as he circles.
That evening we went to the Logan, Utah Temple.
This is Clayton’s 2nd time to do baptisms at this temple. I took him awhile back. And this is Porter’s 1st time to do baptisms for the dead ever!
I stayed on the temple grounds for awhile with Marlee and Carter.
They liked the fountain.
They especially liked when a duck came to the fountain.
I love my littles.
I love to see the Temple.
I love how the top part lights up and glows at night.
Then we headed to a Brazilian BBQ for dinner and it was nothing like Tucano’s…it was so salty and awful. We all felt sick afterwards, what a bummer.
I took the kids for a swim tonight.
Saturday
Laun and the big boys attempted to catch fish today, with no luck. While they were out on the boat, I took the littles with me to the American West Heritage Center.
I was so excited that they had a buffalo tour, because Carter’s new word is “buppalo”.
He was happy to see the “buppalo” so close.
The highlight of the day for Marlee was riding the white pony, she loved it. And while she road Carter happily sat in his stroller downing kettle corn.
We took a little train ride.
The kids loved seeing all the animals…chicks, ducklings, goats, horses, pigs, cows, etc.
Then we picked up the menfolk who were tired of the lack of fish and too much wind.
We stopped by some fun food places…
Pepperidge Farm Thrift Store
Each kid got to grab a bag of goodies, Carter was delighted to get goldfish. He wouldn’t even look at the camera because he couldn’t stop staring at his bag of fish.
We also went to Gossners (love their flavored milks and cheeses) and Aggie Creamery for ice cream.
Then we drove into Whitney, Idaho to see the home we used to live in while Laun was in his last year of his bachelors degree. I was pregnant with Marlee there and we moved out right before she was born. It is special to us because it’s the first time as a couple that we lived in the country and we loved it. It was also the Prophet Ezra Taft Benson’s home that he grew up in.
The side view driving up, I love that big barn.
the home
We drove into Preston, Idaho to Pizza Stop, one of the places we used to eat at to grab dinner and eat it in the hotel beds while watching TV.
We took the kids swimming again. Carter loved getting out and jumping in to Clayton’s arms. Clayton is such a good big brother.
Sunday
On our drive home we stopped in to see Grandma Black. She sure loves Laun.
We took sacrament at another ward in our building and then went to our wards last class. Porter got to help collect fast offerings for the first time today.
The white peach tree in our front yard is in bloom.
love Spring blooms
Porter showed me some of his sweet rip stick moves tonight.
And Spring Break is officially over, back to school and reality tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment