We went up to Show Low for a week and a half. We got to enjoy some cooler weather (well compared to Tucson), spend lots of time with family and Laun got plenty of writing time in.
June 11th
And so the road trip begins…
We are hauling the boat again. This whole finish some writing and then take the boat out has been working well. Working hard and playing hard.
Our kids literally stepped out of the Tahoe and directly onto the quad with their cousins. They are starting their vacation off as soon as they can.
We are staying at Lucy’s for the first part of the trip. Laun made her some prickly pear candy tonight.
I took the kids on a walk to the nearby park. It’s nice to actually walk, back home it’s so hot out.
Carter is happy for Grandma time.
June 12th
I took the kids on another walk this morning…gotta get in as many walks as I can. Marlee found a dandelion and the boys caught lizards.
Then we took the boat out to Rainbow Lake.
Carter wasn’t a fan of the life jacket…he didn’t last long on the boat; so Laun took the other kids out and I went thrift store shopping with Carter.
The kids had so much fun today.
Marlee munching on an orange.
Their cousins Pearce, Mason and Alden joined them.
Pearce and Clayton are the best of friends.
One of my favorite pictures from the day…Porter just grabbed the net out of the boat and is booking it to the lake. That is one content kid right there.
I love our beautiful little girl.
I think Jennette loves having another Hall baby…it’s been a little while since there’s been a baby in the family.
I’m so thankful for Jennette, she’s the older sister I never had.
Laun took these amazing duck pictures…
I’m sure the people fishing off the dock love all the noisy boys.
By looking at the ducks I’m guessing they aren’t loving all the noisy boys…they took off.
Laun had Carter try out the water…
From his reaction I’m guessing he didn’t love it…
But then he calmed down…
Getting his feet all warmed up.
I love this smiley baby boy…
crawdad
Starting them young…
Laun took these cool bird pictures.
beautiful day
beautiful girl
Afterwards Lucy took Jennette and I’s families out for dinner at Jalapeños…similar to Café Rio.
On the way back to Grandma’s Laun spotted a snake in the road.
Love these two- Marlee was meant to be a big sister.
Carter was worn out from today, he fell asleep on my lap. I love when he smiles in his sleep.
And I love those fat cheeks.
June 13th
This boys a whole lot happier in his car seat with his lion.
Lucy had a dinner at her home tonight. Ryan came with Alissa, Jennette’s family and Uncle Chris.
Carter was exhausted tonight. He went from this…
to this in minutes.
Laun and Ryan took the kids out frog giggin’ tonight. Carter and I stayed back and went to bed.
It’s pretty dark when you go out frog giggin’ so this is the only picture from the night out. Marlee on the boat.
June 14th
This morning I noticed that one of the life jackets never got put back in the bag, so I unzipped the bag and a huge frog jumped towards me. I didn’t know there were frogs in the bag, so it freaked me out, it was pretty funny. I was so jumpy I had Marlee put the frog up and she was happy to.
After the boys did some family history stuff with Grandma, they took care of the frogs.
Frog legs anyone?
Clayton is such a great big brother.
He was making Marlee laugh.
We went out on the lake and Carter did much better this time.
Carter was sure happy to have Grandma Lucy with him. He still got bugged with his life jacket some, but I was amazed at how long he lasted on the boat…must be those amazing grandma skills that Lucy has.
Marlee was all about the chips.
I loved the lighting in these pictures.
Keeping the sun off Carter went better than I thought it would.
I’m always so thankful these boys have each other.
I like how Laun is wearing ASU and UofA stuff at the same time-haha. Well, he did attend both those school and NAU for a semester, too.
I bought these pink boots for Marlee yesterday at a thrift store for 1-2 dollars. They are too big still, but she insists on wearing them now:)
sweet hair day
I love this picture of Porter.
Carter and I
Grandma and Marlee
lizard catcher
beautiful day
Marlee went back and forth with this chip container, having the time of her life.
Porter man
love T’s smile
Great day on the boat.
We met up with Ryan’s family and the Hunter’s for dinner.
June 15th
Happy Father’s Day…
Laun woke up to his favorite cereal per request and some Jones soda (we used to drink this soda when we were dating).
For father’s day I gave Laun this handprint of Carter (Lucy and I took Carter’s handprints last night while Carter was sleeping). I’m going to frame it along with a picture of Laun with Carter…just like I’ve done with the other kids years past.
Father’s Day cards from the kids…
Carter’s:
Marlee’s:
Porter’s:
Clayton’s:
Lunch was Santa Fe Chicken sandwiches.
Church was good, even though we miss a lot of it due to this little dude in the bow tie.
Laun’s favorite Father’s day gifts…his kids.
my joys
love my man
I would say Carter was sick of pictures, but since he’s even posing in his sleep I’d say no.
We went to the Larsen’s home and Laun made adabada (pork tacos) for dinner.
Everyone brought some food and it was such a great meal.
I love all these older nephews and nieces, so fun.
Family meals are the best because not only is the food great, but so is the company.
Lisa made yummy pies.
June 16th
This poor baby had ingrown toenails on both big toes. Uncle Ryan took care of it at his office this morning and Carter handled it so well…although he might not like his Uncle anymore;)
Jayne was in town, so the ladies and the kids went to the indoor pool.
Gracie and Marlee
Carter and Grandma Lucy
Kallie and Marlee
I’m crazy for this baby!
Pearce and Clayton never seem to tire of each other. They had lots of fun at the pool today.
Back at Kami’s home Porter found the perfect spot to play on the ipad.
For dinner we went to Gary and Pat Hunter’s cabin. Laun made ribs and they were amazing, along with all the other yummy food.
Everyone is sitting by their buddy.
It’s very common to find Clayton with Alissa, Porter with Kallie and Marlee with Reagan.
Marlee loves hanging out with her girl cousins- they’re crowded around the ipad to watch a movie.
June 17th
sleeping in the swing…love his little body
Laun watched Carter as Kami and I took the girls to the Peterson store for lunch and treats.
While gone Laun text me pictures of Carter going from happy to sad, to encourage me to hurry back to nurse him-hahaha!
Although, I don’t think this baby boy is lacking in attention.
especially at the Larsen home…
He was pretty interested in this bird Michael was showing him.
The oldest and youngest grandkids.
June 18th
Today Jayne and her kids came to visit. We had a great time catching up.
You can tell Ryan’s dog is in a house with a bunch of girls.
I’m bummed this picture is blurry, but I want the boys to remember how much fun they had riding around on the quad with Pearce and sleeping out in the tent.
June 19th
I think Marlee needs some hair to go with those hair clips;)
June 20th
Laun took the boys to visit Cooper’s grave.
Laun grabbed a yellow rose off Cooper’s bush at his grave and put it in Carter’s hand as he was napping. Then Laun told me to go see Carter because he had something for me:)
We sure love our sweet baby boy.
June 21st
sleeping angel
wide eyed boy
Anna often paints Marlee’s nails.
The boys called Laun to their rescue today because they got stuck in the mud. Laun has plenty of experience getting vehicles unstuck:)
John and Jennette made us an amazing dinner tonight.
The fried fish and onion rings are the best I’ve ever had- so good!
loving on Carter…
June 22nd
We got home to Tucson today. We had a great trip to Show Low visiting family and Laun got lots of writing done.
No comments:
Post a Comment