Saturday, June 7, 2014

Phoenix- writing continues

This week we headed to Phoenix to visit with family and for Laun to continue his writing on his dissertation.

 

Wednesday

(Grandparent day)

Laun’s up early to write and will be pretty busy doing that this week, so I plan on visiting my grandparents and siblings this week.

This boy has the cutest body.

cat phone 002

After Carter’s nap we headed to Grandpa Mecham’s home to can some applesauce. I love these pictures of my kids helping because I have some pictures of me as a younger girl doing the same thing:) I love that my kids are lucky enough to have such an amazing Great Grandpa. Grandpa Mecham is one of the hardest working human beings on this earth and he reminds me of the energizer bunny. He’s so wise and sets an incredible example to all. He works hard at home, in the yard, in his church responsibilities, in the temple, etc.

cat phone 003

I would love to know how much my Grandpa has canned in his lifetime. And my angel mother helps him often.

cat phone 004cat phone 005

Luckily, Carter took a nap in the swing while we were there, so I could actually help. And Grandpa made us some delicious soup with bread for lunch.

Grandpa Mecham and Carter

cat phone 007cat phone 009

 

Carter really loves his parents, but I think Grandma Turley is one of his favorites, too.

cat phone 011

 

Then we went to see my Turley Grandparents.

One of the many great things about going to see Grandma is that she always has good food. My kids were pretty excited about their fudge bars. I love these pictures of them chatting with their Great Grandma Turley.

cat phone 014cat phone 015

I have so many great memories around this kitchen table. This table was known as the “kids table” growing up, while the older ones ate in the dining room. Next to the table is the pantry, where I would often look for sugared cereals, which I was always excited about since we hardly ever had those types of cereals in our home. Grandmas food always seems better, because they can sugar you up and send you home:) Not only did I eat many wonderful meals here, but I have spent many holidays here. I’ve also colored around that table so many times while talking and laughing with my cousins. Love traditions, love childhood memories, love this home and love my Grandparents. And I love that now I can do the same thing for my family.

cat phone 016

My Grandpa Turley (one of the kindest and most loving people I know) chatting with my mother.

cat phone 017

Carter with his Great Grandma Turley.

cat phone 021

Too bad Laun isn’t in these pictures…he’s at home with my dad, writing.

cat phone 022cat phone 023

Grandpa and Porter comparing their hands. I still remember how happy Grandpa was when Porter was born with “Turley hands”.

cat phone 026cat phone 027

 

Thursday

(sister day)

Carter napped like this a couple times today…at my moms home and later at my sister Rachel’s house.

cat phone 030

Clayton and Porter played games on the computer (it’s too hot to be outside) while Carter napped on his play mat, again. And Marlee was excited to play with Lydia…she loves her girl cousins.

cat phone 033cat phone 034

I got to hold two cute boys: Nathan (Rachel’s youngest) and Carter.

cat phone 039

 

Then we picked up Laun and went to the Layton’s home for dinner and swimming. Lucky Laun brought his laptop with him to continue his writing.

The crazy thing is that I realized on the way to the Layton’s home that Laun has never been there before. So when we walked in and Laun saw the suspended seating table that his Grandpa Black made and invented he was so surprised and happy.

Laun's phone 461

Grandma and Grandpa Black’s address (where Lucy grew up) is written on the underside of their table, very cool. Laun told his mom and she was pretty excited.

Laun's phone 457

Laun also got to meet Laura and Justin’s baby boy Tucker for the first time.

cat phone 047

Laun holding Tucker and Carter.

cat phone 051

These boys are only 3 months apart in age.

cat phone 052

Carter got to go in a swimming pool for the first time today. He hated it and liked it.

cat phone 053cat phone 056

Clayton is such a good big brother.

cat phone 060cat phone 062

Love my happy kids and the frowning one, too.

cat phone 066

Our boys- I sure wish Cooper was here.

cat phone 068

our princess

Laun's phone 456

My sister Laura made an amazing dinner…I’m pretty sure my kids went back for seconds or more like thirds and fourths. It was a teriyaki type meat over coconut rice with veggie, I need to make it sometime. And she had shaved ice for dessert. I’m pretty sure my kids had a great night of swimming and eating.

cat phone 073

Tonight, back at Grandma Turley’s Clayton read to Marlee. I love seeing my kids read together.

cat phone 077cat phone 078

 

Friday

(brother day and birthday)

Today is Laun’s 36th birthday! He spent the morning writing while I took the kids to my brother Ted’s home to visit. Then we went to an aquarium.

cat phone 080cat phone 082

Carter just kicked it in the baby carrier.

cat phone 083

The kids favorite part was probably feeding the fish.

cat phone 085

There was one fish that the kids would actually pet- strangest thing.

cat phone 095cat phone 091cat phone 094

The fished splashed enough that Savannah and Marlee got wet.

cat phone 102

Laun finished his writing this morning, so we went out for lunch to celebrate his birthday at the Knock Kneed Lobster.

cat phone 109

The food was just alright, but all the different sauces were fun.

cat phone 107Laun's phone 462

I think we wore Carter out.

cat phone 112

Laun took the boys night fishing and Tyler and Sqwags came along.

Laun's phone 466

Earlier I traced all of the kids hands to make a gift for Laun. 

cat phone 118cat phone 117

I cut out all the fabric hands and my mom sewed the apron…she’s a saint.

cat phone 115

I love baby hands. His hand was the hardest to trace, he moves a lot:)

cat phone 116

I got the idea from Lucy, since she made a couple aprons for Mike. This one she made not too long before Mike passed away, for his last Christmas. She included the kids nick names and their ages…I think I’m going to add that on to Laun’s apron, too.

079

Laun was only 6 1/2 months old when she made it. I’m so glad we have this apron.

081

 

Saturday

Laun loves his apron and he wore it this morning as he made pancakes.

cat phone 121cat phone 122cat phone 123

This baby is a ray of sunshine in our lives, especially during this stressful time of trying to wrap up Laun’s degree.

cat phone 126

We had Laun’s birthday cake today-cheesecake, thank you Costco.

153156157

My parents with our kiddos. We are so appreciative of them and all they do for us.

cat phone 128

It was a very good week. Laun got all the writing done that he was hoping to and got to do some fishing. I got to visit with lots and lots of family.

No comments: