The ranch kitchen stays busy…there are a lot of meals made for a lot of people.
We went on a Ranger ride several times today.
The kids went off to find crawdads and play in the water.
We came across one good looking cowboy.
I sure love Laun’s smile.
Tyler let the mule he was riding graze for awhile, but didn’t tie him up…the mule took off and all we could find was a mule with no Tyler. Thankfully, Tyler was found and brought back to the ranch.
The kids had plenty of success finding crawdads.
Marlee didn’t hesitate to shed her clothes and swim.
Then we took the guys lunch.
Marlee got her pants wet so she went around with just underwear and a shirt on until her pants dried.
Porter and Kallie have so much fun together.
They might look like a bunch of tree huggers, but really they are trying to catch a lizard and stop it from running up the tree. This lizard catching is serious.
Shortly after this picture the mule decided to sit down and almost rolled over (which would have crushed Porter)- thankfully Laun is fast on his feet and rushed over in time to pull Porter off. Lets just say that mule regretted that choice, Laun wasn’t too happy with it. Porter told me that he loves how his dad keeps him safe:)
Ryan and Laun
I love Laun.
I love when Clayton’s eyes “smile”.
I think these pictures of Ryan are pretty cool.
Laun makes Wranglers look good:)
Brady bringing in the cows.
The kids enjoyed watching.
Daisy, Alissa and Clayton
Porter and Kallie
A picture of me taking pictures- My camera bag is obnoxiously huge.
Marlee really loves her older girl cousins. Alissa volunteered to watch Marlee today and did a fabulous job.
The branding begins…
The guys rope the calves and then a whole crew gets to work branding, giving shots, marking and taking note of the calves that are done.
Clayton’s job was to mark which claves were done with a paintstik.
He played his role well…
It is a busy scene.
Laun and Ryan roping calves.
This scene just repeats over and over again until all calves are branded.
While everyone else is busily running around Marlee is kicking back in a camping chair with her feet up, sucking her thumb and touching her belly button.
Laun is sexy.
Clayton holding rocky mountain oysters- yuck.
I took a ton of pictures of Laun roping…I just couldn’t help myself:)
peeking in
The older kids are a ton of help.
Jared roping
Ryan tackling a calf-the calf won.
The calf kicked Ryan in the face and broke Ryan’s nose. These pictures were taken after Jared straightened Ryan’s nose-ouch.
A broken nose can’t stop Ryan. Here he is back helping with blood running down his face.
Clayton and Pearce had good luck with roping.
Ryan and Laun
In case you are wondering how hard these guys work, just look at those dirty hands-lovely.
Laun insisted on taking my picture since I took everyone else’s picture.
Heading back to the ranch.
I guess the ranch life wears Marlee out. I found her crashed on the couch. Hopefully she sleeps well, she’s going to need it for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment