Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother’s Day

I love my kiddos. I sure wish Cooper could be in this picture with me. I’d love to see what our 6 year old boy would look like today. My 4 kiddos have made me one grateful mother. I’m thankful for Laun and all the support and love he gives me being a mom.

Luckily I wore heels today, so that I feel a lot taller than Clayton:)

iphone 118

Kisses for mom.

iphone 122

Today I took a nap, watched some movies and enjoyed a steak dinner and brownies made by Laun. The kids helped clean up and they got me a pasta maker…can’t wait till the package comes in the mail. I love pasta and now I can make my own. Marlee spilled the beans today when she came in and said, “We got you a pasta maker, you put dough in it…don’t tell dad.” I guess she doesn’t want me to tall Laun that she let the surprise out:)

The best Mother’s Day present I received was that Clayton (at only 10 years old) talked in Sacrament meeting today. He did an amazing job. He looked up, talked at a good speed, didn’t seem a bit nervous and said the sweetest things. I’m so proud.

He actually got assigned to give the talk when he went to the Bishop’s office last week for some candy. The Bishop asked him and he said sure. Then he came out to the truck and told me what happened and that he was talking in church. I was surprised at how calm he seemed about it. I asked him if he was nervous and he said, “Mom, I just sang in Stake Conference.” I think this boy is enjoying growing up and having opportunities to serve.

iphone 125

I actually heard his talk for the first time from the pulpit and cried. He wrote it and got help from Laun.

 

Here’s Clayton’s sweet talk:

I was asked to speak on how preparing to receive the Aaronic priesthood helps me better serve and appreciate my mom.

I am fortunate to live in a home where the gospel is central and my mom is a homemaker. She has many abilities and puts them into raising us children. There is no doubt that she could be anything she desires, and I am glad she desires and is able to be with us in the home.

Dad is great, but he could never replace mom.

Even though my mom had multiple hip surgeries when she was 4 and half her body in a cast she was still such a happy girl and that proves that there's always a bright side to anything and everything.

Our actions can honor or dishonor our mothers. Everyone can find a reason to get upset with their mother. Being grateful and finding good in our moms will help each of us to be happier and give them the honor that they need. We are truly a part of our mothers.

My great grandpa Hall said that he believes that each of us will be accountable before God for how we treat our mothers and wives.

My dad smiled at this topic. Great grandpa hall promised him a box of bullets if he would memorize two things; D & C 13 (the section where Joseph Smith received the Aaronic Priesthood), and a promise that he treat his mom with respect and always help her.

Our relationship with Heavenly Father is similar to that of our parents. We are his children and a part of Him. We take His name upon us at baptism, and do this in vain when we dishonor of disobey Him.

My mom is: nice, beautiful, caring, tough, a chef, a hard tryer, superb, brave, smart, & funny.

She is not perfect but she is perfect for me. She helps me learn the gospel, read daily scriptures, work hard, and prepare to receive the Priesthood.

She is not much help when it comes to bugs and spiders. She can make a lot of noise when there is a wasp in the kitchen.

Mom, I love you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen

3 comments:

clever little casa said...

I am so glad you posted his talk, I really wanted to know what he said. No wonder you cried!

Elizabeth said...

I love Clayton's talk! He is a sweet boy.

Bekah said...

What greater Mother's Day gift is there,than to know that your child is understanding and living the Gospel? That's awesome! Way to go, Clayton!