Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sabino Canyon

We went hiking at Sabino Canyon hoping that there was still some water to swim in.

sabino canyon 001

From the loaded down stroller it looks like were planning on moving in.

sabino canyon 002

Clayton let another lizard go…I have no doubt that the boys will find some other lizards to bring home today.

sabino canyon 003

sabino canyon 007

sabino canyon 008

 

The boys sported their tie dyed shirts. They went to Marlee’s last day of preschool party and we made all the kids tie dyed shirts, so they happily brought their scout shirts to transform.

sabino canyon 009

 

There was just a little water left, but it wasn’t really flowing anymore. All of us except Laun still got wet though…I guess the water was too gross for Laun’s liking (said the man who has come home from work covered in cow crap).

sabino canyon 011

sabino canyon 012

sabino canyon 018

sabino canyon 020

 

Searching for fish- they had fun seeing so many fish.

sabino canyon 024

If only I had abs like Porter:)

sabino canyon 027

Marlee is adorable.

sabino canyon 037sabino canyon 038

These boys are determined to see every creature they can…

sabino canyon 030

sabino canyon 085

and they found lots of creatures… 

sabino canyon 042sabino canyon 051

This worm grosses me out a little.

sabino canyon 045

cute little frog

sabino canyon 069

And no surprise at all, they found a lizard (or two). 

sabino canyon 081sabino canyon 082

 

I stink at trying to take our picture.

sabino canyon 054

Just chillin’

sabino canyon 060

Momma’s girl

sabino canyon 062

Eating lunch- we even treated the kids to white bread today, such a rarity at our house.

sabino canyon 067

Marlee kept telling us she was doing swimming lessons.

sabino canyon 071sabino canyon 074

It wasn’t the cleanest water, but it sure felt good.

sabino canyon 088

Normally the water is flowing over these rocks. We are going to have to come back around monsoon season.

sabino canyon 090

I can spot Marlee and Laun.

sabino canyon 093

 

Heading out- we don’t usually take the stroller on hikes, but the road wasn’t too bumpy and it carried all our stuff.

sabino canyon 094

I love cactus flowers.

sabino canyon 096

sabino canyon 097

 

Lunch on the go.

sabino canyon 098sabino canyon 099

 

My love.

sabino canyon 103

We love hiking together as a family.

1 comment:

Heather Williams said...

We liked hiking Sabino Canyon last fall. There was more water then.

That pasta you made looks super yummy! I have a pasta maker that I've never used. Maybe I'll pull it out soon and try.