Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

I am loving the traditions we are starting…

Steak dinner on Christmas Eve night lives on.

005012

 

Mexican sodas- apple is my favorite.

018

 

A toast of happiness.

017

 

This year we decided that we want to do a piñata each year for Christmas Eve (my Grandma Turley did this, too). I think this sweet reindeer piñata was only 8 bucks or something-from Sam's Club (hope they have them next year).

227228

 

Each kid took a whack at it:

230

021

236

024

 

I joined in the fun, too. Clayton was supposedly video tapping the whole thing, but when I watched the video it was all of the ground- ha ha! The kids loved finding the goodies & we burned the piñata afterwards - great for warmth & clean-up.

239027

 

The kids were excited to get a better look of all the piñata goodies. 

028

 

The massive balloons (Snowman, Santa & penguin) were a big hit.

031

037

 

They also loved the 2 dollar bills & hot wheels ( I made sure to find a pink one for Marlee).

035

 

Another fun treat was the magic milk straws. Each kid got a different flavor.

246

 

You use the flavored candy straws to drink milk & it flavors the milk.

041

 

We all watched the great Christmas movies done by the church- they were amazing & help us remember the real meaning of Christmas- Jesus Christ.

044

 

We did the traditional new pj’s on Christmas Eve- that way they can put them on & be wearing them Christmas morning.

046

 

I love how excited my kiddos get.

256257

 

Each year the kids all get an ornament of their own to help remember the year & to take with them when they are grown. 047

 

This year the boys got birds, since they raised so many in the incubator.

260

 

Adding the new ornaments to the tree.

268

 

Love the bird ornament- it is by Martha Stewart. Marlee got a big pink (plastic) Princess ornament. Although, I don’t think she needs any reminder that she is the Princess in the house or that her favorite color is pink.

269271

 

The kids had lots of fun with their new balloons tonight.

281

 

I think Marlee’s new pj’s speak the truth.

285

 

Cute kids sporting their new pj’s.

274

 

Before bed we had to track Santa to see where he was & of course leave out treats for Santa & his reindeer.

052054

 

Laun & I wait for the kids to fall asleep to make sure it is safe for Santa to come fill their stockings & leave them presents.

055

 

Then we make sure all the other gifts are wrapped.

287

I am so excited for the morning to come!!!

No comments: