Wednesday, December 21, 2011

winter wonderland=photos overload

We went up to Show Low for a little pre-Christmas getaway. We got to see lots of family & Joe Frost was even there. We hadn't seen him since Cooper's funeral.

Sunday night we went to Lucy & Jeff’s for dinner and activities. Lucy had everyone write down what their gift to Jesus was. Clayton wrote: to be nice to my bro, Porter wrote: I can help people and for Marlee I wrote: To be nice to her brothers-haha.

005 007

Lucy made all the kids aprons for their Christmas present- they turned out so great.

010

009 017

012

Raegan was too little for an apron so she got a bib.

019

Marlee loves Christmas trees & her Grandma Lucy.

038014

Lucy made yummy Mexican food & fruit pies.

039

Laun took Marlee out in the snow & she loved it!

026

028

029

On Monday we went out for a drive to check out all the snow-so pretty.

041

Laun got out to get the kids some snow-they love to eat it.

045

046 054

Then we went to Springville for lunch & fun. Laun cut down trees for fire wood-that is our Christmas present to Ryan’s family this year. Sure wish we had a wood stove. While he cut down trees the kids & I played in the snow.

073

Saying that I LOVE snow pictures might be an under statement.

067 059

The kids were so excited to finally get out of the truck & play in the snow.

074

Marlee was a huge fan of sledding.

077 085

three in a row

087

091

Not going anywhere?

098

093

The boys were pretty much professionals at building a snowman.

082

100

Marlee giving the snowman kisses…then it fell over and luckily i saved her from getting smashed.

110 108

Clayton loved throwing snowballs (Porter didn’t love being hit by those snowballs).

117

Here they are sledding down while Clayton throws snowballs at them.

124

127

138 114140

They were all smiles & even carried the sleds back up themselves.

122 146

Sometimes Marlee needed help pulling the sleds up- they are pretty big compared to her.

143148

That is a smashed snowball you see on Porter’s beanie.

144

Marlee chilaxin”

145 151

147

Porter getting hit with another snowball…brotherly love, I guess.

150

Marlee played for a long time until she decided she was too cold & headed back for the truck.

160

Laun was fast & had cut down lots of wood.

168

178 194

Laun is getting Ryan 2 truck loads of wood & then will cut it up at Ryan’s house.

200

The boys did some more sledding & started building an igloo.

186 197 203

Clayton had the camera so I was being obnoxious.

206

I. love. my. man.

210

Clayton was sickened out when he took this kissing picture.

211

It was so cold but so beautiful.

221 217

On the way back on the dirt road Laun took the boys for a ride. They sat on the sled & got pulled by the truck. They are so lucky their dad knows how to have a fun time. They loved it.

223 237 234239

While the boys were getting covered in snow Marlee was snacking & pretending to be asleep (she loves doing that for some reason- she likes to tease).

242 243

5 comments:

Alli said...

I love it that Halls still go draggin'. Great pics Catherine! Merry Christmas :)

Krause Crew said...

We love having snow to play in too.

Sheila and Mario said...

How fun! We have not gotten snow since a random storm just before Halloween. I am sure will be in hog heaven just like your cute kiddos were once it comes though :-)

Nannette said...

I'm sad that Joe got to see you and we didn't, one of these years. Your kids are so cute!

Bekah said...

You guys are so fun!! I wish we were neighbors :)