Laun was gone to Tempe from Wednesday through Friday for a conference. The kiddos & I stayed busy while he was gone. I got all my homework done and had lots of fun time with the kids. Plus, the kids had no school on Friday & that was awesome for me…I got to sleep-in since I pulled a late night getting homework done. I took them to AJ’s Fine Foods to pick out desserts and we went to two movies (We Bought a Zoo & The Newer Chipmunk movie). We have some cheap movie theaters near our house & I love it because we can all go to the movie for about the price that one adult costs at most theaters.
I think Porter’s pick (the slice of cake) was my favorite.
At the movies: Porter looks surprised, Marlee was dancing (as usual), and Clayton was acting strange for the picture (as usual).
We were so excited to come home from the movies to see Laun & the kids always look forward to the treats he brings them.
Then the next morning on Saturday, I left for Phoenix to get a break. I really wanted Laun to go with me, but he reminded me that it meant the kids would have to go too, so I passed on that. It was nice to drive in the car without hearing the kids fight and just sing along to the blasting radio. I did some shopping at Last Chance (love shopping without kids) & then went to my parents house & hung out with my sister Rachel & her cute kiddos. Rachel made these amazing cream puffs & I can’t wait to make them for my family, so good. That evening I went to the temple with my parents & then out for dinner. On Sunday, I went over & visited my brother Ted & his family. Then I went to church with my parents & that night Rachel’s family came over for dinner.
I painted Lydia’s toes…she kept sticking up her feet to watch me, it was so cute. She stays stiller than Marlee. Lydia is calmer like her mom & I think Marlee is crazier like me:)
Benson is such a sweet & happy baby.
My dad bought an obo & has gotten pretty good. He inspires me with his dedication and motivation. He is good at working hard to learn new things, such as: obo playing, speaking Chinese, writing poems, etc. The idea of playing an instrument or learning how to speak another language exhausts me! I am thankful for him teaching me to work hard in order to acquire new skills…even though he did make me take typing lessons growing up. I realized since being a college student how thankful I was that he made sure I learned how to type.
I got home this morning & was excited to see my family.
1 comment:
I trip with NO kids. Lucky!
Post a Comment