Breakfast was pink french toast. There was hardly any room for the kids to eat since the table was still covered from last nights cookie mess.
Clayton got an early valentine this week from his “Biggest Crusher” (or so she says):
This love note cracks me up. When I asked Clayton who he thought it was from he spouted out about 5 different girls names. Let’s face it, the ladies love Clayton (I can’t say I blame them-he looks like his daddy). He told me that he hopes he is bald by the time he gets into high school, so that the girls will stop liking him. The best part of this love note is that his secret crush asks him to write back…how does one write back when they don’t know who to write back to?
Marlee was really into the holiday spirit-heart hair in all:
She is wearing rose earrings from my sister Laura.
Love this little lady:
Fondue Valentine’s dinner lives on…
The spread included: cheese & chocolate fondues with lots of goodies to dip: chicken, veggies, fruits, noodles, bread, pretzels, and mallows.
Laun’s combo-chicken, asparagus and mushroom dipped in cheese.
Porter loved the chocolate fondue, despite that odd face he is making.
Our kiddos love this tradition.
After dinner they had a smack down and wrestled each other all over the clean laundry. Maybe if I actually put away the laundry I wouldn’t have this problem.
Another tradition the kiddos love: homemade sugar cookies with their initials. I actually got this tradition from my Grandma Turley. Except her cookies were way better. She hand delivered massive heart shaped cookies every Valentine's with our whole name in perfect cursive on them. Maybe someday I will make my kids fancier cookies like my Grandma made. My kids always look forward to their personal cookies.
1 comment:
I love Marlee's heart, so cute. And that "crusher" is funny. Love the pics and stories :)
Post a Comment