Laun took the kiddos to get a puppy. He is a Catahoula with bright blue eyes. Since we name all of our dogs after plants or trees (Huckleberry, Sage, Beech Nut-who are no longer with us…Huck passed away & the other two escaped from the yard) we decided to follow our tradition. This pup’s name is Elderberry since those trees grow blue berries on them, and this dog has blue eyes. Marlee calls the dog: Berry, Elder, Catahoula, or hula. The poor dog will be so confused. Hopefully, we have this puppy for a long time…4th one’s a charm, right?
He likes tummy rubs & he likes Marlee (he might change his mind after he gets sick of all the “loving” from her).
I love that it howls like a hound dog, has paws & a tail that look like they’ve been dipped in white paint, and loves to be held.
Welcome to the family Elderberry!
5 comments:
Cute dog! My kids want a dog so bad, but I'm not ready for the work involved.
I got a Catahoula from the Humane Society in 2002. Sprague was my good buddy and the best dog ever. I hope your Elderberry treats you just as good. (I think he had some rotty in him. Not sure I could handle a full Catahoula. Good luck with that.)
So cute!
Funny thing girls and dogs. I have so many pictures of my girls with our dog but hardly any of the boys. Not sure if they spend more time with the dog or if they are just cuter than their brothers.
Post a Comment