This was one jam-packed day. If you love pictures of the desert, kids sitting on little animal statues or sushi; you will love these pictures-ha ha. I also put some pictures in here that my brother Richard took-always love getting photos from another perspective.
First it was off to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. When ever family comes in town we seem to go to this museum. It is a great museum, but I think we might need to get a membership to a different museum this year since we’ve already been there like 5 times this year! Laun had to work so he wasn’t able to go with us, but that’s okay…I’m sure he has the whole place memorized anyways.
Jeez…Turley’s are such great looking people.
I love the way cactus look (except for the one’s in our backyard-can’t tell you how many sport balls we’ve lost)
Checking out all the creepy-crawlies:
My what big ears you have. My what big teeth & claws you have.
I love how the only kids who signed the visitors log are the ones who can’t write (Gavin & Marlee):
The kids always like to find a rock to take home:
Then on to find fossils…
Gavin was so cute. He took out all of the goggles & brushes and climbed right in.
Richard must be a butterfly charmer:
Porter must be a javelina charmer…he snorted (due to allergies & this annoying tick/habbit he picked up) and it scared the javelinas, they woke right up.
This is a terrible picture, but I was excited to see this hedgehog.
Some pictures of crazy kiddos on a goat:
Tortoises- too bad we didn’t see any live ones.
Nesting hummingbird
Another kid on an animal statue. The boys eating Chocolate Chip cookies before we head out again.
Luckily, Laun got to go to Sabino Canyon with us. We took the tram all the way to the top and then hiked back down. I think this area is so pretty and such a great hike. The kids did a great job and hiked 3.8 miles.
The moon was bright and it was still light out, it was so pretty.
The path the tram goes up is all paved, but there are many off trail hikes too.
At the top. The tram turns around and goes back down, but we decided to hike down instead.
I even ran a lot, well, a lot for me:)
Trying not to get our feet wet as we went across.
The kids made this “fish trap” and had fun attempting to catch fish.
There’s the moon again…
The water was pretty deep…last time we went it was dry.
It is kind of fun hiking later and watching it get dark.
We had a late dinner. Richard and Martha treated us to all-you-can-eat-sushi. Lets just say that Laun showed us all up…he definitely gets his money worth of sushi. The sushi rolls that Martha ordered were my favorite, sweet and crunchy.
The kids hammered their sushi.
Then we took them to Frost Gelato Shoppe for dessert. We tried lots of flavors, I love pistachio and hazelnut.
Richard’s family heads home tomorrow. We were so happy to have them visit. Now that they live closer we should see a lot more of them. Thanks for visiting Turley’s…come again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment