Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lake Powell

We got to Powell on Thursday night- I skipped class, 1st time the whole year & so worth it. I love how the lake looks at night, so peaceful.

Powell 043

Clayton got a quick start into the fishing-

Powell 051 Powell 053

Love these smiling faces…

Powell 058 Powell 074

and Jared’s massive grin:

Powell 069

I think Powell brings the smile out of all of us…

Powell 065

When we got to our camping spot Porter was quick to catch a lizard & it provided great entertainment for the kiddos:

Powell 076 Powell 092 Powell 100Powell 102

Porter had that lizard on his shoulder for so long-see below: Powell 096

2 Kallie’s……………………………………………………………………Lisa & Grant

Powell 084 Powell 093

Marlee loving on baby Ragean:

Powell 104

When the kids got cold they laid out on the warm rocks. Grant is adorable.

Powell 085 Powell 115

Marlee joined right in with the older girls, she felt so big:)

Powell 101

Lots of swimming went on. Love Laun & Marlee’s face in this pic.

Powell 107

This is one of my fav parts about going to the lake…

Powell 119

Jared with another overly happy face-love it.

Powell 123

Aye there mayte- I love how Lucy looks like a pirate with her hat blowing in the wind.

Powell 130

Gracie has her thumb up in this picture-meaning go faster. She almost always had her thumb up:)

Powell 134

Here is Marlee & Laun with Marlee’s first catch. I think Laun was more happy about her catching a fish than she was- I love his huge, happy grin.

Powell 146 Powell 149

that’s a boat load of kids:

Powell 152

Baby Ragean enjoying the water. ………………………………Marlee with the look of content.

Powell 162 Powell 195

Ryan was showing off his skills that day.

Powell 173

Notice the difference between the girls faces verse Porters. Can we say scared? He got over it though.

Powell 192

I love how happy Clayton & Marlee were.

Powell 239

get ready….

Powell 244

and fly (holy cow Marlee flew-thankfully Laun had a hold of her. The best part-she loved every second. Powell 245

snuggles

Powell 262 Powell 276

Kami is an amazing boat driver. Wide eyed Ragean.

Powell 263 Powell 269

Boat rides seem to be calming to my children:

Powell 254Powell 266 Powell 297

I spot mommy (me) & Porter- do you?

Powell 278

Powell 295

Why are scared faces so funny to me?

Powell 303

What does it look like when I attempt to wake board?

Powell 312 Powell 317

Unsuccessful- I never fully got up even though I tried over & over again.

Powell 322 Powell 323

I was still happy because this was my 1st time trying to wake board-at least I tried. Maybe someday I will get mad skills like Laun & get up with ease every time rather than falling face first, maybe:)

Powell 320

There was cliff jumping (I’m personally a wimp when it comes to jumping from high heights, so I just watch & take photos)-here’s Laun (love the shadows):

Powell 337 Powell 338 Powell 339 Powell 341

Marlee & Grandma Lucy as happy as can be with the face in their wind from the fast boat ride:

Powell 362

Porter made Marlee laugh over & over again.

Powell 349

Holy cow- I love Port’s crazy grins:

Powell 353 Powell 358

The others (Ryan & Jared both had boats & we all took turns riding in both):

Powell 364

The boys had so much fun catching fish:

Powell 371

Marlee tried out this cute float:

Powell 377Powell 376

The girls:

Powell 378

So long Lake Powell…until nest time.

Powell 380

1 comment:

Manders said...

Wow GREAT pictures! Looks like a super time :)