Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clayton’s 1st swim meet

This is my first time to have a child on the swim team & I am so excited! I might be just as excited as Clayton:) This is one of my favorite parts of being a mom-watching my children learn & experience new things. Swim meet only started a week ago & I have already seen Clayton’s skills improving.

This was pretty funny…notice that Clayton has on his goggles, but not over his eyes? When the bell rang for the swimmers to start, Clayton realized his goggles weren’t on, so he hurried & pulled them over his eyes. He got a late start off diving in because of this mishap & the goggles slipped off right away anyways. I was so proud of him though because even when the goggles fell off he just kept on going. He also didn’t get mad about what happened & had such a good attitude. He did pretty well considering & his coach told him that the other swimmers needed a head start:) I like the photo where his coach has her hands by her face, after realizing his goggles weren’t on.

Powell 025 Powell 026

Powell 028 Powell 034

Powell 035 Powell 037

Clayton finished the freestyle race in 34 seconds. I think he will have a great season. Go Clayton!!!

5 comments:

Manders said...

Great pictures! Weren't you on the swim team in HS? I would take a great attitude to a win any day!

Rachel Starchman said...

Awesome pictures! That camera is so worth it! Your so lucky you got it last year! I am jealous!

Hall of Halls said...

Amanda- I wasn't on the swim team in HS, I wish I was. I wish I was more athletic & pushed myself more when I was younger.

Carbonneau said...

what great pictures! did some catching up on your blog and I love the zoo animals you took pictures of! great job! also, next time you want cupcakes, Robyn nogales makes them and I had a couple at a wedding and LOVED them! you should give her a call. it's been to long, we need to get together, I bet our girls would have a blast :) (our boys too)

The 5 Nelsons said...

Hi Catherine! I love all your latest updates! You guys have such a sweet family. We miss having you here in our ward. By the way, I have totally been making your big chocolate chip cookies A LOT this pregnancy. Seems to satisfy my sweet tooth, and I think of you every time. :-)