Thursday, September 30, 2010

I heart My job chart


{My hard workers relaxing- No, Laun is not on the chore chart, just our boys}


I am a huge fan of http://www.myjobchart.com/ . It is a free online job chart. My kids actually do their chores now and sometimes I don't even have to remind them, amazing. I think I have taken out the trash twice myself since we have started this chore chart back in June. It is just nice to have more help without nagging to get it done. I also like that it is online which eliminates extra papers around the house, having to make a chart myself, buying stickers, or losing the chore chart altogether. I also like that my kids are learning computer skills, since we live in a world of technology. They know how to get to the website, how to log in with their password, mark in the chores they have completed, and then cash in their points for rewards that I have set up. It has really helped to motivate my children to do chores so they can earn more points. Yesterday they cashed in their points for a smoothie & last week was money. Plus you personalize the chart for each child & you can change it whenever you like. I include things like prayers & scripture reading too. Before I started using this website I had very little success with my children doing chores. So if any of you have struggled with this problem too, I would suggest you try this out. It is awesome & my children have learned how to work & enjoy getting rewarded & recognized for their accomplishments.

1 comment:

Norris Family said...

Eugene was so stoked when he saw this he actually pointed it out to me. I will have to check it out.