Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July-Lake Powell trip

We spent last week at Lake Powell & got there on the fourth of July. It was Ryan & Kami's family, Sam & Janae's family, Josh & Misty's family & Our family minus Marlee (my mom & dad babysat her for us-yea).

The kids watched the fireworks from the top of the house boat:


The next day we moved the boats out to a different place on the lake:



On the top of the house boat:


Laun & Clayton on a wave runner:



Clayton was always tring to catch something:


Laun & Porter on the wave runner:



Laun & I on the wave runner:


My handsome boy:


Clayton was so excited to catch his first fish of the trip:


Porter with his Uncle Sam:

The guys:


Me & Lucy:


Kami, Me & Misty:


The kids liked watching the fish get filleted:


Clay on the Kayak:


Port on the kayak:


Laun took me out on the kayak too:


Porter & the Smart boys ready for a ride:


Kalli on this cool thing that help kids learn how to ski:

Janae, Misty & I- we were brave enough to let Sam pull us with a wave runner:


Josh with his boys & our boys-I think they were over the weight limit:


The boys swam so far with Laun & Sam looking at fish under water:


Ryan found a great spot for the house boat- a sandy beach:


Lucy & I with some of the kids-the tube rides were so fun:


My boys have so much fun with the Smart boys:


A pile of kids coloring & eating cereal:


Clayton loved the fishing- one morning he woke some of us up with his excitement of catching a catfish; he yelled,"the fish whipped me with its wiggly whiskers":


He caught 11 fish total on the trip


Laun & I on the house boat:


Some of the kids in the relaxation station:


Clayton was nervous about cliff jumping (I can't blame him, me too) but, Laun offered him a treat if he would try it. He talked to Laun for awhile about it because he was nervous:


Here is Clayton jumping:

Porter jumped too but I didn't get to see it so, no pictures.
We took the boats out to have a picnic:




We found a great spot in the shade with lots of sand to eat our picnic:


Porter making a sand angel:


Porter had a great time sitting with his uncle Sam on the back of the boat:

The boys with their treats at the marina store:


These guys made the funniest faces:


Laun wake boarding:


The kids had a great time digging holes in the sand:

Porters smile looks so cute with his missing tooth:


We made smores the last night:


We had a lot of fun & it was nice to spend time with our boys. We were so thankful to my parents for watching Marlee for us, it made the trip so much easier. And I think Marlee had fun with her grandparents. We missed her & we were all so excited to see her when we got back.

2 comments:

Krause Crew said...

Totally jealous. I love Lake Powell.

Sheila and Mario said...

I agree with Jules - totally JEALOUS!