Uncle Jonathan got him a snow cone maker (I like this gift because I will personally benefit from it). So we made snow cones this morning before the boys left for swim lessons.
For lunch he went to Red Lobster with Laun & got shrimp.
For dinner he chose chicken packets as usual. He requested monster cake (chocolate/pistachio cake) for dessert-I had never made it before but, I showed him a picture of it & he was sold. He picked vanilla & rocky road ice cream to go with it.
He wanted his friend Aaron to come over so, we had their family over for dessert. It was a good thing because the cake was huge & we also shared some with the neighbors.
He got his own set of scriptures & a case to carry them in from Laun & I. He started reading some chapters that night:)
But the highlight of his day was going to Breakers Water Park:
This was the first time that we had been to Breakers- it was so nice taking the day off from babysitting & spending time with my kids. We meet up with some ladies & kids from our old ward when we lived in Marana. Clayton was so excited to see his cousin Cannen.
9 comments:
I love the look on Laun and Clayton's face in the scriptures picture - precious.
Nice job on the cake! Happy Birthday Clayton!
p.s. love Marlee's swimsuit!
that cake looks delish!
I agree with Laura's comment. Laun looks so happy. Also, that cake looks like something from Claim Jumper. It is huge!
I also can't believe you have an eight year old! It seems like yesterday we were hanging out at your house after I got off work. Looks like it was a wonderful day for a wonderful family! Hugs!
What a fun b-day! I love the boys smiles in the scripture pictures too. Laun looks so happy and proud. Breakers Water park looks like a blast too. So nice that you had your sons friends whole family over for dessert not just the kid. I love your family Catherine!
That cake is awesome! What a great birthday :)
Happy Birthday Clayton! That cake looke awesome!
That cakes looks sooooo delicious! Share the recipe please!
Post a Comment