Monday, July 31, 2017

MTC open house

I was so excited for today…they’ve added on some new buildings at the MTC and they let you tour the old (still in use) and new buildings. Not only are my parents here, but I get to see where Laun went as a 19 year old for his mission training 20 years ago!

They have a huge map on the wall and what I really wanted was a picture of Laun pointing to Florida, but instead we got this, which I guess is more appropriate for this phase of his life, wife and kids.

20170731_130904

I just love seeing Laun with our kids, showing Carter all around.

20170731_13121420170731_131219

The bunks- I’m sure most those young men didn’t make their beds at home!

20170731_131419

Getting their exercise in-

20170731_131526

The new buildings will allow them more room to meet in, I’m sure with the age change, the MTC has been crazy full!

20170731_13183720170731_132058

I loved all the different flags, these missionaries will be sent all over the world!

20170731_13212820170731_132158

Waiting to watch a little video:

20170731_13251020170731_13253920170731_13254520170731_13263020170731_132602

I love this huge mural and Carter’s silly face.

20170731_133821 (2)

Marlee and Carter staring up at the world.

20170731_134002

A mini set up of the old and new buildings.

20170731_134039

“I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two”…

20170731_134249

Waiting for our ride to take us back to our vehicles, I love Syd touching my dads face.

20170731_13433420170731_13433920170731_134556

I love how high my dads hair is, there must have been some good wind on our ride!

20170731_135030 

These kids adore their daddy & keep us so busy.

20170731_17365820170731_17371120170731_174247

It is surreal to see her standing and walking.

20170731_210909

The stain is reddish and I wanted dark brown. Maybe someday I’ll do another dark layer of stain over it. It looks so much better, now that Clayton sanded it and Laun fixed the arm rests and other parts that needed to be fixed.

20170731_18510220170731_185118

No comments: