We took a quick trip to St. George. Sometimes you just have to get out of the cold and feel the sun. Driving there (and back) is not always fun, but it’s worth it.
It’s a good thing Clayton has such long arms, so he can hand snacks to Carter.
A baby in a bathing suit is pretty much the cutest thing ever!
![]()
1st time in the pool for Sydney.
Marlee the mermaid.
Carter obviously can’t swim in a body cast, but I wanted him to touch the water and he said, “my hand is swimming!” I love this kids attitude. He’s a trooper.
We did some hiking at Snow Canyon, a state park.
I love how you can see Clayton and Porter’s shadows in this one.
“sunbathing”
our polar bear
Laun and I got a pretty good workout. I carried Sydney and he got Carter, who weighs more than usual with the cast, but thankfully, this one has no bar, otherwise he couldn’t fit in the carrier.
Marlee and Porter relaxing.
up close
After our hike we had a picnic lunch. This blue bird was taking some of Carter’s “lambich” (sandwich). Pretty soon Carter willingly shared.
There’s this little park area and a tiny museum.
Hello there blue eyes.
Then we went to Pioneer Park, which is free and amazing. There’s all these crazy rocks to climb. Laun stayed in the Tahoe with the napping babies and I climbed with the big kids.
There’s this tiny slit, that looks to small to fit through, which made Marlee nervous, but she did it, with her brothers help.
And this is where I got too freaked out and turned around. I was really afraid of getting stuck. I’m bigger than the kids and the last thing we need is a stuck mom.
There’s Clayton in the blue shorts, brave kids.
Then we stopped by Iceberg (kind of a St. George tradition) for malts. They are huge and even though we shared 4 among us, it was still way too much. Next time I think we will go for 2 instead.
We drove around and saw this lovely sign, not comforting. What is comforting is that I had my sweet water bottle that keeps things cold and so I saved ice cream in it for Carter, who happily ate it when he woke up from nap time.
Home sweet home and I think Carter is happy to be in his own bed. He cried and cried last night to go home, he seems to be that way more since his surgery, but when we got home he asked to go to the hotel, hahaha.
No comments:
Post a Comment