Monday, January 9, 2017

here we go again

Today we went to Shriner’s for Carter to get a cast change, under anesthesia.

20170109_07173420170109_073532

It’s a cold day.

20170109_074815

Pretty soon this batman cast is gonna go bye-bye and he’ll get a new (clean) blue one.

20170109_07443420170109_080225

Going on a ride in his hospital bed to the waiting room.

20170109_08043020170109_08045620170109_080523

When the drugs kick in he gets a little loopy, but he’s happy and that’s the best part.

20170109_081159

He’s about to go into the operating room, this is where I cry every time. 

20170109_082321

When he came out, he was mad, maybe one of the maddest I’ve ever seen him. He asked to go home and was screaming. On a good note, the doctor said his hip looks good and Sydney’s ultra sound looked good, but she still has to sleep in the harness.  I’m thankful for the ultra sound lady who stayed with Sydney while I took Carter on a walk around the hospital wing. I’m so grateful when people are kind, especially since I’m all alone with these 2 kids at the hospital and I’ve done a lot of this by myself. Laun can only miss so much work and most our family lives in Arizona, so I’m alone at Shriners a lot.

20170109_09484020170109_094845

At home, now that Carter is happy and calm, we got a picture of him and his bear in their new blue casts.

20170109_11454220170109_11481420170109_11455520170109_120056

No comments: