Monday, February 16, 2015

Our baby is a one year old- what!?!?!

I can’t wrap my mind around it…Carter is one! How did this year go by so fast. This was one of the hardest-craziest years of our lives and we have no doubt that we needed our sweet Cater to help us get through it. He has been pure joy and we have needed all the happiness and hope that he has brought to our family. We are so thankful for this baby boy of ours! He has all of us wrapped around his finger and we wouldn’t have it any other way!

Breakfast was pancakes…

197

He even got a pancake shaped like a cow.

209

I love how serious he was; I think he was fascinated by that candle flame.

212213214219223

He does “gucci” (Porter’s word for loves) just like Porter.

cat phone 928cat phone 930cat phone 932cat phone 933

He got birthday money in the mail from both Grandmas- we will have to take him shopping!

cat phone 1030cat phone 012

We took him to Cabela’s.

cat phone 945

He was in awe of all the fishes…I love his feet in this picture.

cat phone 947

He watched his sibling shoot some targets and then he showed them how it was done.

cat phone 953cat phone 955cat phone 957

He was obsessed with all the animals.

cat phone 962cat phone 964

Porter bought a blow dart gun with some of his money.

cat phone 965

Then we went out for lunch. I love Porter’s face in this picture as he’s giving Carter some root beer.

cat phone 969

We went to Apollo Burger and it was a huge disappointment. The customer service was awesome, but the food was horrible. We ended up throwing a lot of it away. I hate when you go out to eat and the food is awful!

cat phone 974

At least Carter got some french fries.

cat phone 978

Then we went to Thanksgiving Point to see some animals and get some ice cream.

cat phone 981

At least dessert didn’t let us down.

cat phone 979

The weather got cold fast and so Laun put Carter in his sweater and he fell right to sleep.

cat phone 980cat phone 985

We also did his last monthly bear pictures- as you can see, it’s getting harder to take these photos with this moving boy!

250

Birthday dinner- Fondue

312315

I love this meal! Cheese and chocolate fondue with all sorts of foods to dip, so good.

314

I love how the cake turned out. I did m&m’s because I did that with Marlee’s one year old cake and she loved it.

I love how Carter’s name looks spelled with m&m’s! I also made a mini cake just for him. 

285286297303305

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Carter, Happy Birthday to you!

324331339

He was even willing to share with his daddy.

348

After a bit of just m&m picking Laun helped him smash the cake a little.

351358356

He decided he’s a fan of this whole cake thing.

cat phone 1015cat phone 1023361376379395397

I adore my boy, chocolate hands and all.

400403404

The best way to end the day, snuggles with the birthday boy!

cat phone 1025cat phone 1027

No comments: