Thursday, July 4, 2013

traveling this summer- starting out on the 4th of July

We headed to Phoenix and we will be gone from our house till the beginning of August! Laun has a conference in Indiana for 5 days, comes back for 3 days and then heads to Saudi Arabia for almost 3 weeks! The kids and I don’t really feel like kicking it at home all month by ourselves, so we are going to be bugging family in Phoenix and Show Low to keep us entertained. It is going to be a long month without my Laun:(

We didn’t do anything that exciting for the 4th of July tonight, but we still had a good time.

We made carne asadas and got flan. I think we got enough kinds of flan…

015

Then we went on my parent’s roof and watched some different fire work shows in the distant. The kids were pretty happy to be on the roof. Marlee on the roof makes me nervous, she isn’t the best listener and is super independent, so I felt like Laun or I had to be at her side at all times.

016017019020

Growing up I used to watch fireworks from my Grandma Turley’s roof with my cousins. This will be a great memory for the kiddos.

No comments: