Sunday, July 28, 2013

Clayton’s 11 years old today!!!!

I can hardly believe my first born is 11 years old.

Jennette and John made Clayton a fabulous birthday breakfast of pancakes with coconut syrup, eggs, sausage (from their own pigs) and chocolate milk. Too bad I forgot to bust out a cream cow, I know Jennette has one, oh well.

251

I made the cake and pistachio filling yesterday and this morning I assembled it before church. I still need to add the chocolate ganache frosting, but luckily most of it is finished.

252

After church we headed out on a drive to a beautiful location so that I could take the Larsen family pictures.

277

Clayton was pretty happy to wonder around, play in the water and catch lizards.

373377378380

I love my birthday boy…

383385

Then we went to Ryan’s house to celebrate Clayton’s birthday and for the Hall fhe.

We had hamburgers and hotdogs with plenty of sides.

386389390388

I think Clayton has requested this birthday cake at least 3 times now. I’m pretty sure he loves the massiveness of it.

392

He cut out a fish from paper and I used it to make a fish out of powdered sugar.

396

The kids awaiting cake and ice cream.

401

The birthday boy lighting the candles.

402

Make a wish…Alissa actually put trick candles on the cake, so he would blow them out and a flame would return.

406

Yummy layers of chocolate and white flavored cakes with pistachio filling and ganache frosting.

423

Pearce and Mason got Clayton this awesome pocket knife. Clayton doesn’t have one with a hammer, so he was pretty pumped. Ryan’s family got him a DQ gift card, genius idea, considering how much this boy loves sweets. Both his grandparents gave him money and we gave him money, which he is going to use to buy some binoculars.

427428

 

11 things I love about Clayton:

1- his amazing ability to make friends

2- his big heart, sensitivity and compassion

3- his willingness to try new things

4- his passion

5- his desire to tell me things that go on in his day

6- he’s a hard worker

7- his love for the outdoors (hiking, fishing, hunting, etc.)

8- his smile

9- he adores his dad and is an awesome big brother

10- his athletic abilities

11- his love for reading

 

We will wait to go out for Clayton’s birthday lunch when Laun gets back from Saudi Arabia.

No comments: