Thursday, February 14, 2013

V-day

Marlee had heart hair for Valentine’s day & wore her new hair clip from Jane Collier.

233

240241

I hosted preschool today & the kids wore their Queen & King crowns we made on Tuesday.

385

We decorated sugar cookies.

387390

We made Valentine's.  Clayton & Porter were such a huge help with the preschool Valentine’s party. They are so good with little kids.

395399

We played a color & number game using chocolate chips.

400401

The preschool kids were so excited to exchange Valentines.

402

 

I gave my kids their traditional Valentine from me, a sugar cookie with their initial.

246

I also gave the kids a Valentine with things I love about them…

250252251

They got some Valentine’s in the mail from their cousins. Lydia sent them princess valentine’s, which the boys gladly gave  to Marlee. Avery, Josiah & Monson sent the kids suckers.

254

I love this drawing that Josiah gave to Marlee.

256

 

I took the kids to the Gem & Mineral Show in Tucson. When I got Marlee out of the car I found that she had chocolate on her hand…apparently she thought it was a great idea to stick m&m’s in her pocket, so she could eat them as she pleased.

403

We stopped by the Fossilogic booth first. My brother Andy works for them & the kids were excited to see some fossils.

404407410

The kids each got a sand dollar for free…perks of being related to an employee of Fossilogic.

411

The shark teeth were cool.

409

We checked out the other booths…

417418

The kids were excited to pick out a treasure. The boys got a coin & Marlee got a ridiculously frilly pen. 

419

Porter was such a bargainer..he talked the lady down to selling him the coin for $1, instead of $2. 

421422

They also got these shark teeth necklaces for $1 instead of $3. The lady who sold them the necklaces was so surprised by their knowledge & interest. On the way home Porter was excitedly telling me how much money he saved today by bargaining.

425

 

We had our traditional Valentine’s dinner- Fondue. We had a cheese sauce & chocolate to dip the fruit, mallows, vegetables, chicken & pasta in.

258

We also had sparkling fruit drinks, too. The kids were so excited for dinner. Right before we started eating I heard water running. I went down the hall & stepped in water. Someone left the bathroom sink on (probably Marlee- we blame her for most of the destruction that goes on in this house) & the sink has been clogged lately, so the water overflowed & was all over the new bathroom flooring Laun installed &  down the hall! By the time I cleaned up all the water my dinner was cold. Laun got home late, so he ate dinner cold, too. What a night! I’m just afraid it will ruin the new flooring Laun just put in. 513

259

I love holidays & making memories for our children. 

262

I made Laun some sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting, too. I’m not very good at making them look fancy, but they sure taste good.

270

I picked out these cookie cutters for Laun awhile back, but really they are probably more for me:) I love that Target sales a set of cookie cutters that are manly.

272

Marlee had a little too much fun with the cookie cutters, don’t worry, they were all washed before use:)

292288294286

It is suppose to be a bow tie, but Marlee thinks it should be a hair bow:)

285284

We also got Laun this cool container at the Gem & Mineral Show today.

274278

Laun gave me some money for Valentine’s, now I just have to figure out what I want to buy.

No comments: