This was Porter’s first year of swim team, so it was also his first year in swim championships & Clayton’s second year. They do many heats of the same age group & then the overall times are presented for placing. Porter only has to do one lap, while Clayton has to go there & back.
Porter in the line up.
I don’t know if Porter tightens his goggles so much because he is nervous they are going to fall off or if he simply likes them super tight.
Porter’s 1st swim- Backstroke
Porter’s results- 9th out of all the heats with a time of 36.15
Oh boy, Marlee is already laying at my feet as I snap pictures & we are only getting started.
Clayton & our neighbor Jacob- competing in the same heat:
Clayton’s 1st swim- Backstroke
Clayton’s results- 6th place out of all the heats with a time of 1:01:53
Marlee hung out with most of the other moms today (I guess I am just not cool enough or don’t have as many electronic devices).
Yup, Porter certainly just tightens up his goggles a little too much!
Right after this picture I noticed Porter about to cry & looking devastated. I asked him what was wrong & what do you know, he broke his goggles (by pulling them so tight). I told him not to worry & that I would try to find Clayton, so he could use his goggles. I also let him know that if I couldn’t get the goggles to him in time to not worry & just do the race with none.
Luckily, I got Porter a pair of goggles from Clayton in time (next year I should just keep an extra pair on me).
Porter's 2nd swim- Breaststroke
Porter’s result- he was disqualified for alternating kicking, so they don’t tell you the time he got. It is too bad because this is Porter’s best and favorite swim. I don’t know if the goggle issues got him all off or what. Oh well, at least he didn’t seem upset about it.
Clayton’s 2nd swim- Breaststroke
Clayton’s result- he got 8th overall with a time of 1:11:41. He was shocked he got 8th because he got 1st in his heat. I think there were 4-5 heats though!
Porter’s 3rd swim- Freestyle
It looks like Porter ^ needs to eat a little more, look at those ribs!
Porter’s results- 14th place overall, I didn’t get a picture of his time.
Clayton’s 3rd swim- Freestyle
I just noticed that it looks like Clayton^ is making the peace sign with both hands- not sure if that is on purpose or not?
I love how the water looks.
Clayton’s results- he also got 14th overall, but I didn’t get a picture of his time.
Afterwards we went to an award ceremony at Peter Piper Pizza, with just their team.
Porter got presented with his ribbons.
Porter got 2 ribbons: 9th in Backstroke & 14th in Freestyle.
Clayton got presented with his ribbons.
Clayton got 3 ribbons: 6th in Backstroke, 8th in Breaststroke & 14th in Freestyle.
Clayton & Jacob
Clayton, Jacob & Porter
The swim team & coaches-
The boys & their swim team coaches Jen & Kristi.
I am so proud of my boys! They have really learned a lot & become stronger swimmers.
2 comments:
oh my porter's goggles...his eyes were looking like they would pop out of the sockets due to the intense suction. ha ha!
oh my porter's goggles...his eyes were looking like they would pop out of the sockets due to the intense suction. ha ha!
Post a Comment