Thursday, July 19, 2012

Phoenix trip for Conference 7/15-7/19

Laun had to attend & speak at a Conference in Phoenix at the Civic Center, so the whole family went.

Sunday- July 15th

My parents were nice enough to let us stay at their home for the week.

Porter obviously got into the play clothes, not sure what he is suppose to be? I love how concentrated he is on the movie. My kids love my parents movie collection, unlike our pathetically small selection at home. 

438443

 

Clayton played games on Justin’s phone. Clayton should really consider working on his tan.

445_crop

 

Marlee almost always gets into the painting supply & dress-ups.

446448

 

My parents threw us girls a graduation party. All of us recently graduated, but none of us attended the ceremonies (Laura has the best excuse- she was in the hospital still with her new baby!). My parents shouldn’t be too disappointed that none of us walked though, they didn’t have to sit through 3 different graduations!

Our parents had us walk in, wear a cap & gown & Dad presented us with our “diplomas”.

455

 

The diploma hand off-

462463

 

469

 

Laura has an associates already, but she recently got her bachelors at Utah State.

Rachel got her associates through Glendale Community College (she also took classes at BYU Provo).

I got my associates through BYU Idaho ( I also took classes years ago at NAU, GCC & UofA).

473

 

480

 

The graduation cake:

481

 

Some of the cute guests:

488491

 

This is Uncle Justin’s paparazzi…I sure hope they don’t drive him too crazy!

489

 

Monday-  July 16th

I am keeping the kiddos busy while Laun is at his Conference.

This morning we hung out with Karen Burr & her kiddos.

Then we went swimming at the Layton’s house. I am so sad, Laura’s family goes home tomorrow.

895

899

 

Apparently I use my hands when I talk.

900

 

Marlee, Laura, Me & Mom

902

 

Foosball battles ( I might face repercussions for posting a picture of my mom in her moo-moo).

903907

 

I love how Porter sticks his tongue out- it must help him concentrate.

910

 

Marlee snacking.

905

 

Justin’s sister Brittany was so nice to swim with Marlee.

911

 

FHE= qwirkle game (The Layton’s actually made this Qwirkle game themselves)

912

 

Tuesday- July 17th

This morning we went swimming at the Burr’s home. I am bummed that I didn’t take any pictures. Marlee & Gwen were so cute together. The boys also had fun riding their electric scooters. When we left my boys informed me that the Burr’s had the coolest house ever. Too bad we don’t live closer!

I got to join Laun for part of his Conference today & my parents watched our kids.

Here is my name tag (sadly, I didn’t take any pictures at the conference).

1093

Laun presented his research at the conference today! It was so awesome to watch him & he did an amazing job. I was so proud of him, even though I basically only understood these words in his presentation: Cows & Heat Stress. Here is an understatement for the day- I had no clue what anyone was saying at the conference. I know very little in this field.

Then to celebrate, Dr. Collier & his wife took some of us out to Kincaid’s Fish, Chop and Steak House. Dr. Collier told me we were also celebrating me earning my associates degree, so he saw to it that I got not only one, but two virgin pina coladas. They were so good, that I couldn’t finish all my dinner. Laun got steak & I had salmon. The food was so delicious.

It was such a great day of celebration. I am so proud of Laun.

 

Wednesday- July 18th

This morning we went swimming at the Johnston's home (good thing my sisters have in-laws with pools). 

Marlee loves the false sense of security she gets when wearing a life jacket- ha ha.

913

914

 

Mom, Lydia, Rachel, Porter & Marlee 

916

 

The kids have been fort building in the playroom.

918

 

They love to play the piano (I really should get them lessons- some day maybe).

919

 

Porter thinks it is pretty sweet that he can balance on a basketball.

920

922

 

I left those^ three cuties with my parents again & headed out to see a friend.

LeAnne & I are friends from high school. It was so good seeing her again, it has been awhile. I went & saw her at: The Roose Parlour and Spa. Her & Ashley (another friend from high school) own it. It is such a cute place.

923924

After catching up & visiting with LeAnne, I went & saw Laun again. The Conference he is attending is super close to LeAnne’s Parlour & Spa. Laun & I grabbed a bite to eat & hung out for a bit, then I headed back to my parents house.

 

Thursday- July 19th

Today I took the kids to see their Great Grandparents.

We went to my Grandpa Mecham’s home & helped him can some applesauce. Wish I took some pictures!

We also visited my Turley Grandparents. The kids were excited to get some treats, or as Grandma calls it: chocolate on a stick.

927

Today was the last day of Laun’s conference he was attending, so we packed up & headed home to Tucson.

3 comments: