Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sabino Canyon

001

This is only the second time I have been here, the first time was four years ago. Clayton was only four & I was so proud that he hiked two miles. Porter was real little & got a ride in the stroller. Time flies!

009 012

The proud hikers at the 1 mile mark:

015

My fav people in a row & Marlee swinging like a monkey.

023 030

A cardinal bird & the shuttle (you can take that if you don’t want to hike or only want to hike 1 way. We just hiked around 3 miles total & stopped half way through for a nice dip in the water.

044 060

The water felt great & there was lots of fishes to see.

049 056

066 083

The boys enjoyed jumping into the water-love Clayton’s foot sticking out:

072

Our kids are amazing…they walk on water & they fly;)

099

078

103

Whenever the boys would jump in, Marlee would yell,”My turn, My turn!” This girl never wants to be left out of a good time.

092 093

Marlee didn’t want to get out of the water, even though she was shivering. Clayton or “T T” as Marlee calls him, took Marlee into the water. If you look closely, Marlee has lots of fish near her-the kids loved the fish.

107154 118

Me with my makeshift shorts & Marbar:

128

There are several swimming holes to stop at:

110

Our water babies:

142

Laun & Marlee splashing........................ The boys in their “bath”

161 162

Clayton & Laun were laughing about something…maybe being cold or trying to balance on the rock?

168

Marlee kickin’ it…Clayton swam clear out & chilled on a rock…Laun with his mini twin:

178 182 147

I love Oatmeal Creme Pies because they remind me of when Laun & I were dating. We were both attending NAU at the time & we used to buy them when we would go out for drives. Now our kids get to enjoy them occasionally…

185 186

193 194

The desert hike was beautiful…

196 203

208 205

Marlee got to walk for a bit, but mainly she rode in her stroller or got a lift.

199

We definitely want to visit Sabino Canyon again. I love that you can hike-cool off-and hike again.

3 comments:

Manders said...

Ahhh I want to go hiking with the Halls! Looks like a fun day : )

Krause Crew said...

I am surprised when I see water holes like that with desert around. So pretty!

Cherise said...

So fun! I love Sabino Canyon! That water is COLD!