Monday, April 11, 2011

Haystack Ranch

We took a weekend trip to the Smart's Ranch.
The boys are wearing some buttons they got from Dairy Day's^ (Clayton's button says Future Dairy Producer).

Marlee loves dirt roads- no seat belts required and hanging with her dad.


It snowed a lot while we were there-it was so beautiful. Laun and Josh^

The lilacs were in bloom.

I love snowy mountain tops.

Laun wants to climb Haystack Mountain, so we will do that tomorrow^


Laun and I went on a kid free drive (thanks to Misty) and got some pictures of the snow.

I thought this cactus looked funny growing out of the side of the mountain.









Birdie fell asleep on the kitchen counter while Misty and I were cooking.

This morning Laun and I hiked up Haystack Mountain with our boys and the Smart's boys.
Here is a view of their ranch part way up the mountain:

Laun got Porter up the mountain part of the way with his rope. He put the rope around Porters belly and Porter held on and climbed up. Porter was having a hard time hiking because he was in his slick cowboy boots (his tennis shoes were wet).


Another view of the ranch-you can barely see it:

There was a decent amount of snow on the top of the mountain.

the boys^


We ate plenty of snow.



Oh look, a picture of me-proof that I really was there:)


I love how the smart boys look like twins-matching jackets and hats, and they were even holding their ropes the same way.



The Smart's goats got away, so we brought up the dogs and ropes in hopes of finding them. Pretty soon we heard the dogs barking like crazy and waa-laaa, goats. Too bad they were over a cliff. Colten roped them and Laun pulled them up-thank goodness no one fell!

goat one^




goat two^

The dogs were going nuts and these ^boys just couldn't hold on to them any longer. I was the lucky one who got to take 2 dogs down the mountain-we didn't want them loose because they kept harassing the goats.

goat catchers^

We enjoyed lots of good food. The pretzels and nacho cheese were a big hit and Misty's adobada always hits the spot.


We picked out a cute puppy for the Allen family on our way out. Marlee held her most of the way home. She kissed and smothered that puppy with love. I told her it was Gabe's puppy and that upset her, but I had to prep her so she wouldn't freak out when we gave them their puppy.

It was a very relaxing weekend and nice to get away.

2 comments:

Tippetts said...

Great pics! I didn't even know lilacs grew in AZ!?! It looks like the guys went goat fishing. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! The picture of Laun carrying the goat over his shoulders cracks me up!