My friend Rachel Starchman wrote this about Cooper and I wanted to share it:
I have a very good friend Catherine, who I love dearly.
Catherine has been a very special friend to me.
She has a amazing husband Laun.
They have 4 beautiful children together
Clayton, Porter, Cooper and Marlee.
Four years ago on March 21st, 2007 Cooper was born.
He needed to come sooner than expected.
Since he arrived much earlier than he should have he stayed in the NICU.
He was so frail and tiny, but SO strong.
When I met Cooper he was not even a week old yet.
His Spirit was SO strong.
He was SO handsome and looked just like his big brothers.
I stayed the night and helped out as much as I could on my short 1 day trip.
(They live in Tucson)
It meant so much to me to be there just that short time, hug Catherine, spend time with her family, and meet her sweet baby Cooper.
I got a call from Catherine on April 5th that Cooper had passed away.
I cried.
Alot.
Cooper's Spirit was SO strong.
Heavenly Father needed him elsewhere.
I remember his funeral so well.
His Mommy and Daddy were so strong.
All of his little cousins and two big brothers sang a song for him.
I met Cooper just one time.
But he made such a impact in my life.
He has made me realize how fragile life is.
And that Our Heavenly Father has a bigger plan for us.
He knows.
Even though we may not understand or may be in pain,
His plans are always greater.
I think about Cooper and his family all the time.
I love them all and I'm grateful that they will all be together again.
Catherine blogs about Cooper often.
She never forgets him.
I'm amazed by how strong she is.
She is someone who I want to be more like.
She posted about Coopers 4th birthday and about the fun things they do every year to celebrate Cooper.
Clayton and Porter love celebrating Cooper's birthday.
I remember them looking at his pictures from the hospital for Family Home Evening when I visited. They couldn't wait to meet their new baby brother.
He was just a tiny, little baby with a weak body,
but Cooper is still with them in Spirit.
I told you he had a strong little Spirit!!
She also posted on April 5th
He would have been 4 years old this year.
As I read her blog post, I cried.
I can't imagine the pain she felt having to say good-bye to her sweet Cooper.
She is an amazing lady.
Her husband is awesome.
I love them both dearly.
Cooper's baby sister Marlee, is so fun and has filled her parents lives with so much joy.
Catherine has mentioned to me a few times that if Cooper would have still been here on earth they wouldn't have their sweet, girl Marlee.
Laun and Catherine are an amazing couple.
They are so strong and faithful.
There's no question where Cooper got that strong Spirit from!
After reading her post I just wanted to share the impact that Cooper has made on my life.
I know Heavenly Father sent Cooper to his family for a reason.
Cooper strengthened my testimony and faith.
He needed them and they needed him.
I'm glad I got to be apart of his short time here on earth.
Your amazing Cooper.
You are SO loved and ALWAYS remembered.
We love you Rachel-thanks for your amazing friendship!
1 comment:
We need a non-squinty photo and when my hair is down;) lol. Love you too!!
Post a Comment