Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day celebrates womanhood so, whether you are a mom or not, Happy Mother's Day!

I am thankful for both my mother & my mother-in-law; I am truly blessed.



I was treated with breakfast in bed this morning. Clayton loves suprises & to give gifts. He came in to check on me in the morning & told me that I was allowed to get out of bed but, not allowed to leave my bed room & that breakfast would be ready soon-it was really cute.


Marlee really thought that it should be her breakfast in bed. And I even got to use the "cow pourer" to put milk on my cereal.


The boys have been working on this little book they painted for me for awhile now.
It reads:
Happy Mothers day. Mom your the best.
On May 9th there is a holiday. It is Mother's Day.
Mothers day is like your moms 2nd birthday.
Mothers do alot of the chores
but Mothers are the best

Clayton gave me a necklace, Porter made me a book mark & Laun got me flowers & this cake platter that I have really been wanting. Laun told the boys that I want this cake platter so that we have something else to brake next time we move:)

And we were lucky enough to spend the day with my parents. They came because Laun & I were both talking in church today. This is the 3rd or 4th time that I have talked on Mother's Day-It is either my destiny or I still have a ton to learn;) Laun did a great job as usual & shared some touching stories about our Cooper. It is nice to hear a man express love for his mother & wife. Laun printed off my talk for me & as I was reading it in church I found a little part he added: Laun said I am the best woman in the world & he loves me so much! I didn't end up reading it aloud but, that would have been pretty funny but, I did get a really big smile on my face though.
During my talk I shared some of the things that I have learned from my children:
Clayton:
-to be excited about life, even the little things
-compassion & joy in giving to others
-notice the small details
-be a true friend
-believe that you will succeed
-sugar cures just about anything, especially laziness & sadness
Porter:
-use good reason
-always believe in yourself & don't give up
-smile & talk loud & everyone will know who you are
-a good story teller uses enthusiasm & great facial expressions
-you can do anything if you make up your mind to
-love learning
Cooper:
-never take a day for granite
-the brightness of hope
-appreciate life
-about death
-rely on the Lord to get you through trials
-love never dies
Marlee:
-express yourself
-enjoy every moment
-love the color pink
-stand up for yourself
-love is healing
-Daddy's are suckers for their little girls

I am thankful for all of my children & I am humbled to be their mother. Motherhood is the hardest thing that I have ever done but, it is the most rewarding too. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who loves & supports me. I am thankful for my Mother & the wonderful example that she is to me.
After church we had a nice big dinner & invited Hao to join us. Hao & my dad had some funny conversations. It was a wonderful Mother's Day, I am one lucky girl.

6 comments:

Bekah said...

You truly are one of the most amazing mother's! I know you learned so much about how to be a mother from your wonderful mom who I have such respect and admiration for! Happy Mother's Day, friend!!!

Norris Family said...

Happy Mothers Day. You are such a great example of strength and love. Im so glad to be a part of the family and have wonderful examples like you in my everyday life.

wittygal said...

I love the list! I need to make one. What I learned from each of my kids?

clever little casa said...

I love the cookie platter! Where is it from? I love the things you learn from the kids....I was laughing pretty hard at some of them. Especially Porter's loud talking and intense story telling. I love that boy.

Hall of Halls said...

The platter is from Costco. They have one in white & one is a cool blueish color. Right now I am using it to hold the fruit because it is too cute to put away just for desserts.

Cherise said...

That plate is super cute!!! You are a wonderful mom, and I look up to you. I hope your day was awesome :)