Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

We hosted Thanksgiving this year and we had plenty of family come, 22 people total!

The guests were:

Brandon Hall’s family

Andrew Turley’s family

Laura and Justin

Justin’s sister Brittany (she came after Thanksgiving for the weekend)

Rachel

Liz and Grady (Liz even cut and colored my hair while she was here)

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took of Thanksgiving Day (the girl cousins). I didn’t get a single picture of our amazing feast, bummer. To give myself some credit though, I got my prego body out of bed at 4:30am to prepare and get the turkey in the oven. I may not have gotten a picture, but thanks to all of Jenette’s advice, my first turkey turned out awesome. Laun smoked a turkey in the ground and when we got up this morning it was rotten. It smelt horrible, it must not have stayed hot enough. I think this is the only cooking fail Laun has ever had and Andy, Laun and I got a good laugh from it. At least we had two turkeys to start with:) Brandon’s family and Liz and Grady left tonight, but the rest stayed for the holiday weekend.

Me, Rachel, Laura, Liz

020

Thanksgiving weekend was great, too.

Porter helped to feed Josiah. I love how Porter’s mouth is wide open even though Josiah is the one eating:)

022023

We did tin foil dinners and everyone made their own to their liking.

027

I can’t decide which family picture I like best, so I included them all.

035036037

Laun cooking the tin foil dinners.

040

I love how often we have campfires at our house.

Clayton with Uncle Andy

044

Porter and Avery

046047

The foil dinners blend in pretty well with the ash/coals.

050

Andy’s family

054

Clayton, Rachel, Brittany, Justin and Laura

055056

Let the dispersing and eating began…

063

Then we made caramel apples, which was so fun.

065068071073

This day we went to most of the Napoleon Dynamite movie sites.

Tina the llama lives very close to our house.

075

Napoleon and Kip’s home

077

Some of the stores you see in the movie.

079080

Pedro’s home

086

And the high school where so much of the movie takes place.

087

We had to visit Caspers for Ice Cream before the last of the family headed home.

089093094095

Thanksgiving turned out great and now this prego lady is tired out. I am due in a little over a month.

No comments: