Today I volunteered at both of the boys school. I made play dough for Porter’s classroom and tested the kids reading in Clayton’s classroom. Since I am always the one who tests the kids reading in Clayton’s class I can easily see their progress. The kids have one minute to read me a short story. Only the words they ready correctly count and then I add up all the words they read correctly to see how many words they can read per minute. Today Clayton read 56 words per minute! I am so proud of him! In the past he’s gotten 37 to 43 words per minute. He is really improving…all his hard work is paying off. Clayton and I read together most days after school and it has made such a difference. It has also been a great bonding time for us.
We raked leaves and the boys had fun playing in them. All this yard work keeps us busy.
Laun tossing Porter up in the air.
This nest is huge.
I love how Clayton’s knees are so dirty…must be having fun.
Cutest boys ever!!!
buddies
Laun putting Porter in the leaf pile. It cracks me up how little Porter is.
Beautiful day- love the lighting in this picture.
Then we dropped off Laun at a guitar concert and I took the boys to McDonalds for ice cream cones.
No comments:
Post a Comment