Saturday, August 5, 2017

just rock

My Grandpa Mecham’s mother bought this rocking chair 60 years ago when they moved into their Glendale home. Grandpa gave it to me 12 years ago. It has the original cushions/fabric, but needed to be sanded, re-stained & fixed. The arm rests were coming undone, so Laun fixed those issues & Clayton sanded it. Then Marlee, Laun & I stained the chair. I’m so happy to have one of my favorite pieces of furniture back in my living room. I’ve loved rocking my babies in this chair.

Clayton put a lot of sanding time in on this chair with such a great attitude.

20170628_115712

before & after

20160901_13280320170805_144408

20170805_14435920170805_105805

We looked at a home in Genola (the Bateman’s own it), sometimes it seems like we will never find our home.

20170805_183706

Thanks to my mama for babysitting our kiddos, so Laun & I could go to Alaska.

20170805_091240

No comments: