Friday, August 4, 2017

half day of fishing & home again

I never thought I’d say this after 4 days of fishing, but I could fish some more!

This trip has been a dream!

20170804_071757

They have the fish bins numbered the same as the boat your in and they get taken here, to be filleted & wrapped/sealed.

20170804_09521720170804_095250

Lots of fish boxed up and ready to go.

20170804_095512

I liked that we weren’t on the first floater planes and got to see some take off.

20170804_124842

And planes coming in and landing, with people getting off and then people getting in! 

20170804_125935

That big pulley is lowering the fish down to the dock to be loaded on the planes.

20170804_12512520170804_130918

I loved these views of Waterfall Resort from the float plane:

20170804_13215020170804_13220420170804_13224220170804_13225020170804_13251820170804_13260420170804_13283920170804_13394220170804_13395520170804_13400220170804_13422920170804_13442320170804_13521920170804_13523720170804_13533320170804_135315

One of my favorite things from the trip were the float plane rides around 30 minutes one way.

20170804_135752

Flying home, it’s strange to see snowy mountain tops in the summer!

20170804_170009

Laun has our boxes of fish and the Bown’s, since we drove with them, ready to load!

20170804_221703

We fished 2 half days and 2 full days, 26 hours total and there were 4 in our group and we alone took home 4 boxes of fish, weighing 200 pounds total!

20170805_00300020170805_003004

Highlights of trip: floater plane rides, fishing, seeing humpback whales, sea lions, bald eagles and bears. And time as a couple, great company and eating yummy food without cooking or cleaning up!

No comments: