Sydney pulled out her earrings for the third time, so I’m not putting them back in this round. I don’t know how she does it, because they’re hard for me to take off! Not sure if they bug her, but I don’t want her to tear her ear or swallow them. And when I’ve found them out of her ears it’s a little bloody. Call me vain, but I’m pretty sure I cried about my baby girl not having earrings. For crying out loud, she only kept them in for half a month! She’s already 9 months old and Marlee was quite a bit younger when her ears were pierced, so maybe I waited too long? I just love seeing baby girls with earrings, it’s so feminine and they have short hair, so you can always see them. It’s funny that I care so dang much, since I didn’t get my own ears pierced until I already had 2 kids and Laun got me pearl earrings for Christmas. And with Marlee I didn’t want her to get her ears pierced until she was old enough to decide and take care of them, but Laun convinced me and I never regretted it. Any who, Sydney is my last baby and a girl and I’m pretty devastated that she no longer has earrings. Which is ironic, since I went to Shriner’s today and Carters been in like a million body casts (exaggeration) and Syd in a harness for 4 1/2 months and I’m somehow sad about earrings.
While I was at Shriner’s Clayton was turning in this cute assignment (if you find dead animals cute). It’s amazing how well he does when he is passionate about something.
And Laun was at the Bown Dairy (that’s what he made smoked pork for) where they were doing a tour and explaining things to the office ladies.
Meanwhile, back to Shriners, Carter loves the fish tank.
And did great for his hip x-rays. I never knew a kid getting x-rays could be so cute!?
I remember getting plenty of hip x-rays growing up.
I mean seriously, they are just getting x-rays, but man it’s adorable and the Shriner staff is amazing.
These two are growing fast, Sydney is holding on to furniture and standing a lot.
And Carter is doing so much better with Dr. Woiczik now. She should be his best friend, but when he sees her, it’s usually at stressful times and he wakes up in a body cast.
I love these pictures of the littles with her. I wish I had pictures with my first doctor, Jack Mayfield, since I was young and can’t remember what he looked like. My last two surgeries as a teenager were with a different doctor, Stephen Milliner, because of insurance changes. He was awesome and I have pictures of him. Anyways, I’m so beyond grateful for Dr. Woiczik who takes care of my babies. And we got good news today, both their hips look good, which is more important than earrings.
Then we headed upstairs for someone to add an addition onto Carter’s tricycle.
While we waited the kids stayed entertained with the hospital dog.
And the monsters!
And the hippo and train tracks.
Not sure if this couch is big enough for Carter?
And then the wait was over and Carter now has these shoe inserts on his tricycle pedals, that his feet slide into and can be snapped in. This should help him, since his feet used to fall off the petals.
Went to a soccer game tonight and Carter stays pretty entertained with his animals.
Long day, but a good one. I’m so grateful both the kids hips looked good!
No comments:
Post a Comment