Monday, September 19, 2016

pavlik harness

Sydney got her third ultra sound today. They look for 2 measurements/numbers on each hip and they want one to be at least 60 and the other 50, to be considered in the normal range. Well, today her numbers went down from the last 2 ultra sounds. Her results were 59 (instead of at least 60) and 44 on 1 hip and 45 on the other (instead of at least 50). So with the number % going down and our genetics, she gets to wear a Pavlik harness 24/7.

Carter wore one for 3 weeks (so it’s not new to me), but it didn’t help. The good thing is that Sydney’s hips aren’t dislocated, they’re just shallow, so hopefully it works for her.

20160919_113056 (1)

Her foot x-ray looked great! At birth her right foot turned out and up pretty extreme from poor placement in the womb. It’s been looking better, but they wanted to make sure, so they took an x-ray.

20160919_115204 (1)

harness time

20160919_120941 (1)

Visiting the chipmunks at Shriners is a must.

20160919_122616 (1)

There’s several statues outside the hospital and Marlee wanted a picture. These Shriner’s men with the red hats are awesome, they do so much for kids to get their medical care and costs taken care of. This place is an answer to our prayers. I actually think that’s one of the main reasons why we live here, so my kids are near the Shriner orthopedic hospital.

20160919_123424 (1)

Day 1- she’s rocking the harness!

20160919_150047 (1)20160919_15302120160919_210705 (1)20160920_07522820160920_075243

And today just reconfirmed to me that Sydney is my last baby. I’m tired of passing my joint genetics on to others. I’ve had some guilt knowing my kids have gone through these struggles because of me, but I know no one is perfect. The dr told me my children have either a 20% or 25% chance of getting dislocated hips, so high! Although, I feel similar to Laun, when people ask him why we’ve had kids when we know the chances are high for them to get hip issues and he says, “because I’d rather have 100 of them than 1 of you.” Amen.

No comments: