Monday, November 23, 2009

I am a Child of God


This is my favorite primary song ever. I love the message of this song. We sang this song in Relief Society yesterday & it sure made me miss my Cooper. I used to sit in the NICU & hold his hand & sing this song to him. I sang it so much to him that he probably got sick of it. I wonder if Coop misses us too, or if the perspective in heaven is so different-do you miss people on earth when you are in heaven? Lately I have avoided looking at his pictures, it is too hard for some reason. There is something about the holiday time that makes me feel empty without him around. I usaully feel like I handle this stuff well but, I hit a hard time now & then. Pretty soon I am going to take Marlee to the hospital to see where her big brother Coop lived his short 2 weeks on this earth. They won't let you in the NICU when you have no baby in there, so I will let her look through glass at the pod he was in- you can see where he used to be. And I will tell her all about him but, I am sure she knows him better then me, because they were probably chilaxin' in heaven together before she came to us. I am sure there will be waterworks that day but, I think that is why I am having a hard time lately because I have been putting off taking her there. I have been there several times since his passing, just not since we have been back to the Tucson area. I am thankful for the time we had with Cooper. I am thankful for everyday that I have with my kids.

5 comments:

Krause Crew said...

I love you Cat. I have no doubt that Cooper looks down and does miss a little bit of what he sees your family doing. But just like you, he goes on because he too has stuff that needs to get done and people need him where he is. You'll be together again.

Elizabeth said...

Avery was crying the other day and I asked her what was wrong. She said she missed her cousin that was in Heaven. I miss him too. We are excited to see you and your kids at Christmas time.

Laura Mortensen said...

I was thinking about my brother Michael today. Megan asks me about him now and again. I told her that Michael is such a good person that he didn't need to live on the earth very long. He is so special that God wanted him to hurry back home to heaven. Cooper is a very special person as well. Just remember that the spirit world is closer than we realize. Love you!

Bekah said...

Cat, I'm in tears. You are such a wonderful mom and Cooper was so lucky to have you beside him those two weeks. You have always been and still are a wonderful example of strength to me! I know you miss your sweet boy, but what a blessing to know you will see him again one day! He's doing a great work right now, think of all the lives he's blessing. AMAZING!

Emily said...

Catherine,

I just caught up on your blog and was so touched by this post. You are such an amazing mother and I admire your faith and perspective. I can't even imagine your heartache over your loss. You are entitled to as many good cries as you need. We miss your family already and hope you are adjusting ok.

Hugs*