April 5th
We headed to Show Low. Today is the 6th anniversary of Cooper’s death, so we went to the cemetery.
There is several family members buried there…Laun’s father, grandparents & son.
Some family pictures…poor Clayton’s head is sandwiched in this picture.
Then we met up with John, Jennette & Kami for lunch at Cowboy Cookin’ & the food was so good. I love Jennette…it is so nice to have an older sister, she rocks.
Then we headed to Ryan’s house & checked out his cow…which is ready to give birth any day now.
Some brave people stuck their hands in the cow to feel the baby. They could feel the calves hooves.
Marlee & Raegan had so much fun playing dress up together.
This sweet ride is called an amphibious atv (since it can go on both land & water). Ryan drove it all around his yard so we could try it out.
smiles all around
Raegan loves her cousin Michael, so sweet.
Ryan’s neighbor came over & showed the guys his crazy golf ball gun. He uses gun powder in a pipe & blows a golf ball out of sight- crazy.
Then we left for Stray Horse Ranch to meet up with the Peter family. Kallie came in our truck with Porter & our other kids rode with Ryan & Kami. It was so nice to hear no kids fighting the whole drive. And yes, that is our smoker in the back of the truck. We are going to have some dang good pork on this trip.
April 6th
Anna reading to Marlee.
Clayton chopping wood.
The guys were going horseback riding, so the ladies & kids piled into two rangers & went for a drive.
Marlee is so lucky to have all these great older girl cousins. They are so good with her & practically babysit her all day. Marlee loves it & so do I because she stays entertained & mothered all day:)
The guys getting ready to go:
Gary, Laun & Ryan
Laun is one sexy cowboy:
Anna packing Marlee around.
We drove to a water spot so the kids could get out & play.
Cousins are the best.
Where cows get unloaded:
There was plenty of lizard catching.
We saw some deer.
I think I prefer Rangers to 4wheelers because you can cram so many people onto them.
After the Ranger ride we kicked it at the ranch & Marlee got dirty…really dirty.
Laun & Brady
Porter & Alissa
Priesthood Session was tonight & the guys drove clear into town for it dressed like this (at least Brady had a white shirt & tie). I was proud of them for not missing it.
Jessica painted Marlee’s nails.
April 7th
We listened to General Conference via satellite radio from Brady’s truck. It is cool that you can listen to conference in the middle of no where.
We went horseback riding today & I rode Custer who can be a bit lazy at times. At one point Custer didn’t want to go up the mountain, so Laun rode Biggs towards him so that Custer would go. It kind of scared Custer & he jumped, which scared me. I may or may not have said the s word:)
Marlee got to ride on Biggs with Laun- it was one full saddle.
Brady, Waylon, Clayton, Porter, Kalli, Marlee, Laun & I
We crossed over a little stream.
Laun walked Biggs for a bit & let Marlee ride by herself. Cutest little cowgirl ever!
I love these pictures Laun took:
Laun took us on a Ranger ride & we got to see the arrow tree. As you could guess, it is a tree full of arrows.
I love these cute girls:
Then we all headed to the pond. As we were leaving the kids noticed that Ruger (Ryan’s dog) was following us in the Ranger.
For some reason they thought it was hilarious.
I love their happy faces, so cute.
The twins & Marlee are only 11 days apart- cute little bunch.
When we got to the pond some brave souls entered the cold water. It was no surprise that Ryan was first to get in.
My kids were all crazy, too.
It didn’t take long for Marlee to join her brothers.
Whitley & Marlee
I love this picture of them holding hands in only their shirts & undies, so cute.
I love Whitley’s white legs:)
Raegan is like her daddy, never missing out on an adventure.
It was some cold water.
Porter was brave & fully submerged, brrrr.
Marlee slipped & got a little deeper than she planned.
Kallie thought she found a snake, but really it was just frog eggs.
April 8th
When we got back to Ryan’s house late last night we found that the momma cow had her baby!
This morning everyone was excited to go out & see the calf.
We had a nice little get away.
1 comment:
I haven't ridden a horse for such a long time. Looks like you guys had quite an adventure. Such great Picts!
Post a Comment