Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Logan, Utah trip

My mom, Marlee and I went on a long trip to Logan, Utah. We were gone from the third to the fifteenth! We went up to see Laura and Justin’s new little baby girl. Laura knew that my mom was coming, but she didn’t know that Marlee and I were coming, we surprised her…she was so excited and happy to see us. 

Laura had Kenley Pearl at the same hospital Marlee was born at!

Kenley with her Grandma:

easter logan trip 047easter logan trip 055

easter logan trip 058

 

Marlee wasn’t allowed to go back in the room, so she had to peek at Kenley through a window. Here she is seeing Kenley for the first time:

easter logan trip 065

 

I was so happy to hold this baby girl! She is a Layton baby for sure.

easter logan trip 089

easter logan trip 091

 

I love this pic:

easter logan trip 094

 

Mom and Marlee kicking it in the waiting room.

easter logan trip 096

 

I am so happy for my sister Laura and her family. I am one proud sister.

easter logan trip 112

easter logan trip 115easter logan trip 131

 

Marlee and Kenley giving each other the bones:

easter logan trip 135

 

One cute family of three:

easter logan trip 141

 

The next day I took Marlee to see where we used to live on Utah State campus-family housing. This is outside our old apartment.

easter logan trip 150

 

This is the field and playground that is in the middle of all the on campus family housing:

easter logan trip 154easter logan trip 155

 

We were so excited for Kenley’s homecoming:

easter logan trip 165easter logan trip 170

 

I just love the way that Marlee is looking at Kenley, so sweet.

easter logan trip 181

 

Kenley sporting her Aggie Bull (the mascot) beanie…go Aggies!

easter logan trip 175

 

Porter and my dad informed us that the moon would be bright tonight:

easter logan trip 185

 

Marlee enjoyed being read to by Uncle Justin and watching her movies:

easter logan trip 191easter logan trip 173

 

Kenley, Marlee and Laura

easter logan trip 194

 

I love this baby girl!!!

easter logan trip 198

 

Thanks goodness for Skype, I got to see and talk with Laun and the boys throughout our trip.

easter logan trip 203

 

I am so excited that my sister is a mom!

easter logan trip 210

 

sweet baby girl

easter logan trip 217

 

Justin was so great with Marlee. He took her to fly kites. She let go of her kite string and it got stuck in a tree. She had such a great time.

easter logan trip 231

easter logan trip 243

easter logan trip 245

 

Justin and Marlee working on a project- she wasn’t a fan of the mask, so that didn’t stay on long.

easter logan trip 252

easter logan trip 261

 

Oh how I love her cute scrunched face. Here she is painting her temple that she made:

easter logan trip 265

 

 

We walked around on campus. There was so many pretty plants,trees and flowers:

easter logan trip 270easter logan trip 343

easter logan trip 340easter logan trip 274

easter logan trip 276easter logan trip 371

easter logan trip 459easter logan trip 491

 

There is a new agriculture building on campus:

easter logan trip 313

easter logan trip 299

 

Checking out the view from inside the new agriculture building:

easter logan trip 287

 

Outside the building is a memorial for some of the students and the instructor that died in an accident.

easter logan trip 279

 

I love the Old Main building, so pretty. It was once the only building on campus. In fact, my Grandpa Mecham went there!

easter logan trip 302easter logan trip 304

easter logan trip 309

easter logan trip 314

easter logan trip 321

easter logan trip 324

easter logan trip 327

easter logan trip 338

 

On the back side of Old Main is a hill where you can see the Logan temple.

easter logan trip 353

easter logan trip 354

 

Marlee occupying herself by throwing grass:

easter logan trip 363

easter logan trip 365

 

Utah State has such a pretty campus:

easter logan trip 375

easter logan trip 378

 

This is the old agriculture building where Laun went when he was a student here…not sure what they are going to do with it.

easter logan trip 380

 

We stopped by Aggie Ice Cream and of course Marlee chose pink ice cream.

easter logan trip 389easter logan trip 383

 

Another day my mom, Marlee and I drove out to Richmond to go to the Pepperidge Farm factory-Thrift Store.

easter logan trip 392

 

One of Marlee’s favorite snacks ever is goldfish, so she was excited.

easter logan trip 394easter logan trip 395

 

Then we went to Whitney, Idaho. We lived there in 2008 while Laun was working on his bachelors degree at Utah State. Near our old house was this pop machine and it is still there. It cracked us up seeing a pop machine on a country road.

easter logan trip 396

 

When we lived in Whitney, Idaho, we actually lived in Ezra Taft Benson birth and childhood home!

easter logan trip 408

 

This is the view as you are driving up. It is surrounded by land. The tall building is the barn:

easter logan trip 397

 

Here is Ezra Taft Benson’s past home and our past home for a bit:

easter logan trip 398

 

Oh how I miss that yard.

easter logan trip 406

 

Then we stopped by Casper’s Ice Cream Shoppe- one of our family’s favorite spots:

easter logan trip 409

easter logan trip 411

easter logan trip 413

 

They are home of the fat boy ice cream sandwiches:

easter logan trip 412

 

At one point Marlee tried taking over my cone and hers. She is like her mom…she loves ice cream.

easter logan trip 417easter logan trip 416

 

Then we stopped by another home we used to live in, in fact, I was only pregnant for a short time in this home with Marlee and she lived here as a baby. This is in Lewiston, Utah and is the Westover's summer home. They were kind enough to let us live her for a semester until Laun graduated.

easter logan trip 419

 

They remodeled the kitchen and it looks great.

easter logan trip 424

 

Marlee adding on some glitter to her temple she built and painted.

easter logan trip 430

 

Mom and I spent lots of time cooking in the kitchen.

easter logan trip 426

 

One morning we walked in the Logan cemetery. This might sound strange, but it is so pretty.

easter logan trip 443

easter logan trip 444

 

Elder L. Tom Perry’s  (in the Quorum of the Twelve) father is buried there:

easter logan trip 439

 

And this memorial is either Ezra Taft Benson’s father or grandfather’s:

easter logan trip 494

easter logan trip 492

 

We walked through the cemetery to get to campus. Here are two more new buildings on campus:

easter logan trip 449easter logan trip 457

 

There are preschools and an elementary school on campus. Marlee liked playing on their playground and getting a ride on Justin’s shoulders.

easter logan trip 456easter logan trip 479

 

We checked out the library on campus.

easter logan trip 460

 

This part is so cool, there are tons of books in this moving library. If you want a book from there, the librarian enters in the code and it is located and brought to you.

easter logan trip 464easter logan trip 465

 

In the other part of the library I thought it was funny to see books from UofA.

easter logan trip 471

 

In the lower level of the library is a room that used to actually be in a mansion. Everything is super old.

easter logan trip 474

 

Marlee liked this statue of a teacher with students.

easter logan trip 484easter logan trip 490

 

Another day we visited another favorite spot of our families: Gossner’s.

easter logan trip 504

 

They make squeaky cheese and other cheeses and flavored milks (that are shelf stable).

easter logan trip 501easter logan trip 502

 

I had to bring home flavored milks and squeaky cheese for my family.

easter logan trip 506

 

Picture with the bull, Utah State’s mascot.

easter logan trip 508easter logan trip 509

 

This is outside an antique shop that I found and bought a cream cow from.

easter logan trip 510

 

Then we stopped by some candy shops (my camera battery died, so Laura snapped these pics):

IMG_8033

 

The Indian statue with the sucker feathers was cool, but this other guy is just freaky.

IMG_8031IMG_8036

 

We picked out some candy to take home to the boys.

IMG_8041IMG_8049

 

Marlee got a watermelon sucker- I guess chocolate covered chips & Cheetos aren’t her thing.

IMG_8043IMG_8047

IMG_8051

IMG_8052

 

The Bluebird-

IMG_8055

 

decisions, decisions…

IMG_8061

 

I always love chocolate.

IMG_8070IMG_8071

 

I think Marlee could be mistaken for Laura’s daughter.

IMG_8072

IMG_8076

 

Off to the park.

IMG_8080

IMG_8094

IMG_8108

 

I want a swing like this!

IMG_8116

IMG_8141

 

It is crazy how grown up Marlee looks compared to Kenley!

easter logan trip 538easter logan trip 539

easter logan trip 547easter logan trip 559

 

I took some pictures for Laura’s family:

easter logan trip 562

easter logan trip 593easter logan trip 640

easter logan trip 611easter logan trip 627

easter logan trip 645

 

I’m gonna miss this baby girl…

IMG_8169

 

Maybe, just maybe, they’ll miss this little girl…

IMG_8159

 

I got the chance to see my cousin Eugene’s family. Here’s Brooke and I. Marlee insisted that she needed a picture with Brooke, too.

easter logan trip 646easter logan trip 647

 

I love how the Logan temple lights up at night.

easter logan trip 649easter logan trip 658

 

I was away from my husband and boys for Mother’s Day, but I got a special surprise on skype from them:

easter logan trip 672

Laun always has such fun ideas and the boys kept laughing and grinning.

easter logan trip 677

 

It was such a great trip, but I was anxious to get home and see my husband and boys. It is sad saying goodbye to all the green landscape though.

easter logan trip 682

 

We stopped by the Brigham City temple that is being built.

easter logan trip 694easter logan trip 691

 

We also went by my Brother Andrew’s work. He works with dinosaur fossils and builds dinosaurs for museums and such! He is so talented.

easter logan trip 696

easter logan trip 699

easter logan trip 701

easter logan trip 705

 

Then we went to their favorite restaurant for Mexican food.

easter logan trip 706

Marlee and Josiah are little buddies. Josiah just wanted a big bowl of beans for dinner and that’s what he got.

easter logan trip 707

It was so fun being back in Logan and out of the heat. It was especially fun being with Justin, Laura and Kenley Pearl. I was excited to come home to my family and had lots of treats and gifts for them. It was hard being away from Laun. While I was gone he made a deal with the boys that if they would read a chapter in the Book of Mormon everyday and do the dishes daily for four months straight, that he would get them each an ipod. I am so proud of them for starting that challenge.

No comments: