We took a trip with the Allen family. We went to Annie Orchards to pick fruit and meet up with John, Jennette, Anna and Alden Larsen. Jennette just graduated with her Bachelors and was happy to have free time. I will be extra jealous of her when my semester starts up. Way to go Jennette- you’re awesome!
I am commonly found with a camera around my neck and eating (see pic below)
After consuming tons of fruit and way too much fudge we went out to eat. We wanted to go to this cool BBQ place where you eat in a train, but they were closed. The problem with little cities is that there aren’t very many restaurant choices, so we had to settle for this over priced, low quality, fast food place instead-can you tell that I was bummed? Oh well…I got over it.
When we got to our hotel we found this birds nest-
And there was lots of swimming. If you get sick of action shots this might bore you. I love watching the kids jump in – it’s like slow motion. This was Laun’s idea, luckily we remembered the tripod:
and another set…
and another…
last one…
On to day 2:
Lunch of champions…
We went to church in Wilcox and are whole family got up to bear testimonies (not all together-individually)- I guess we really felt the Spirit (and their may have been an ice-cream bribe to a child). I think Marlee said thank you, so that count’s, right? It is fun watching the boy’s testimonies grow. Then we went on a long drive and had a picnic.
Laun is saying I know I can make it up this, I know I can, I know I can, but his truck must have been saying not gonna happen.
We walked around some…
Can you spot anyone in the pic below- hint: look for Laun’s red shirt.
Jamie being retarded:
Jamie being normal-wait, is he ever normal? I will have to ask Rachel, I’m betting no.
Dinner-tailgate style:
Laun climbing a windmill:
I prefer to ride in the back of the truck (unless Laun is trying to have trees hit us-haha)
What a shocker- the boys caught snakes.
Jamie and Laun looking for a rattler…
…and success
This is why I shouldn’t have worn white shorts today- the one folded part was the only part that stayed white.
Marlee is a daddy’s girl- here she is kickin’ it with Laun, eating and watching a movie.
This must have been an intense part of the movie- Porter looks nervous.
Day 3:
Clayton found frogs/toads (whatever they are) in the pool and decided to get in and swim with them. Why he couldn’t have changed into a bathing suit first, beats me.
giving the toad a ride- on his head
twinsies………………………………………………………………… I guess Marbar thought the water was too cold.
Then we headed to another part of Annie’s Orchard- for veggies.
Maybe Laun should just pretend that he loves being in pictures.
Marlee rode in the produce cart for a bit until she realized she would be better at pushing it.
The kiddos picked some veggies…
There were some tall plants.
What a great view- and I’m not talking about the second picture;)
We used to live across from corn fields in Whitney,Idaho…this makes me miss that.
Avery was either holding Marlee’s hand or toting her around. The pickings'.
On the drive we saw these- love the solid white stripes.
Then the kids found some crazy bugs…the bugs can even swim.
On the way home we stopped to pick prickly pears- slim pickings this year.
Then we had the Allen’s over the next night to make prickly pear jelly and syrup.
1 comment:
I love all these pics Cat!
Post a Comment